1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I just socially awkward?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AaronG, Nov 26, 2012.

1. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Ok I'm not sure if this is the right section for my concern but who cares.
    anyways, I'm really new to this site and i've been trying really hard to get to know people but whenever I try to have a conversation it always ends up being really awkward for me.the conversation will last maybe 30 minutes and that's only because I take so long to actually say anything back and I always feel like the person I'm taking to would just like me to shut up and leave them alone.
    Am I overreacting?I really want to make some friends but I'm having such a difficult time with it.what should I do?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I can say that I wouldn't worry about it - sometimes it takes people a bit of time to respond in threads, etc. But it doesn't mean that people don't want to hear about you or talk to you.

I can say give it time, but that's me. If you can, though, try to take it slow and give yourself a chance to settle into the site. Feel free to ask any staff about concerns though. :slight_smile:

3. JMS

JMS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel ya... I've only been a member a few days but I've commented on people's blogs hoping to get a response. I guess I haven't really reached out to anyone though.