1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

happy things happen after coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Deaf Not Blind, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

I was considered a man.

At my university I been having to come out because of their stupid system that shows my birth name to all i email or my classmates on blackboard.

So many have friended me on fb at university, and of source i have updated my photo to how i look now, but many old friends call me girl or she, and some women have that friended me at school too. :/

However I was commenting on a term I don't like, Rape Culture, cuz i don't like giving rapists a term of culture as if they were an organized positive group like Deaf Culture, see? And I was told I am one of 2 men who are women's allies. :slight_smile: That was nice. I am used to being seen as either misogynist on EC by feminists or as a very strange lady in person. Of course I love and want to protect women, and men, from rapists.

I just wanted to share with you however, that the man knows me and did not deny I am another man, equals. He saw me at an LGBT event and I had told peeps I am a guy, transgender. I love it when gossip goes around that is positive...I was told eventually the word will be out I am one of the guys by another lady.

See? Gentlemen, and ladies, if you are yourself, and a genuine human being, unless you surround yourself with morons, coming out can lead to the happiness you deserve. And all you gotta do is be brave and say who you are like it is no big deal: "...oh and I am kinda a guy, so..." Like that sometimes.

Happy things can happen if you come out. So come out, come out wherever you are!

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it just the term you don't like, or do you disagree with the theory behind the term? Totally not going to take the bait on what you said about how you're used to being seen as a misogynist here by "feminists."

Anyway, I am glad you've had some good coming out experiences.

3. Deaf Not Blind

It is just the term I do not like.

I don't want to grant the word CULTURE to individuals who do not communicate, plan, meet, have a brotherhood, or anything endearing to say the least. That term is like Deaf Culture, popular culture, southern culture, etc. Though in them may exist things that are not great, they in themselves are things that good people are a part of, and you may want to study and become more aware of these cultures to enrich your own life. To give CULTURE to the bad guys is to tie them together in a neat little bundle and say they have almost an ethnicity, a bond...uh uh...no way! I segregate each of them into just being themselves. Their own personal life choice was to hurt another human being in a selfish act...that is not worthy of the term Culture. PUH!