1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out now what - embracing my new identity?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kjcampbe, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Kjcampbe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Came out to my wife of 13 yrs of marriage and two children later. We are still living together and try to be a family for our children. However, Im dismantling my straight identity without knowing who I really am. What does it mean to be gay. I was totally shell-shocked when I went out to a gay bar with my gay friend and his partner. I thought I was prepared for this. Now I feel completely lost. Not because I think I made the wrong decision, but because I have so much to learn about the gay culture and that discovery of who I really am.

2. Juggalo

Yeaaaahhhh. I feel the same way. My only knowledge of gay gulture is wikipedia and this forum. Don't feel bad.
    That said, welcome to EC!
    My suggestion would be to research gay history. I only learned about Stonewall a few months ago. Maybe in learning about our cultural history you can learn about yourself?

3. Bigguync

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get it! I'm out to wife, family, and friends but am overwhelmed by the gay world sometimes. How is it living together but exploring? My wife is feeling the rejection more keenly lately.