1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell a close friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Feb 14, 2008.

1. I want to tell my close friend dana about me but I don't know how. I can't use anything internet related, so I would have to tell her face 2 face, Idk if I can do that cause I haven't did it before. I am a cryer so when I talk to someone about something like this I WILL break down and cry, but I still wanna tell her, what should I do?

2. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's okay to cry. If she's a good friend she'll probably understand that it's a heavy issue for you, and be your crying shoulder.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

3. I am most scared to actually do it face 2 face, everyone else was through e-mail. Also I think she has a crush on me and I don't know how she'll take it.

4. SkyTears

my friend had a crush on me when i told her, she had issues with it for mabye like 2 days but as of now i have never had a closer friend than her. after i came out to her our friendship grew like 10 fold

5. KatoKumi

Phones and letters aren't internet related [:

Just talk to her over the phone and keep yourself as quiet as possible.

Or you can write a letter and ask her not to talk about it. Just that you wanted her to know, lol [:

6. nickmc

The way that I would approach it, is I'd have a letter prepared and then if I cried, I could give the letter to them to read and if they have questions they can ASK me. THEN, after they've read it, we could discuss anything later on.

But that's just what I would do...

7. tiptoerainbows

Face to face is a good way. But I would bring tissues with you. =] It sounds like you are ready to do it, just make sure she is prepared for it, as well as you, espically you. You can do it, whether it is face to face, over the phone, or in a letter. =]

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The above suggestions sound good. Good luck if you decide to do it! :grin:

9. I think I will do the letter, I am just worried it will break her heart because of the crush.

10. llenadepecas

I think that if shes a true friend, shell be able to see past any feelings she has on you, and be there to support you. Its sweet that you feel worried about her, and really nice. Good luck, let us know how it goes. And the letter is a fab idea, if you dont wanna talk while crying [i hate crying, even in front of my best friend, so i understand]

11. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Well, all the people's advice sounds great. Good luck with however you decide to tell her

12. Astaroth

Or you could write a letter and give it to her in person. That way, as soon as she reads it, you can talk to her about it and get her assurance to keep it between the two of you.