1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chewing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Capichino, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Capichino

I'm wondering like I now have a horrible addiction and like I chew on like head phones coard and as long as it fits in between my theeth I'll chew on it idk y and it has just a little but of pain and the weird thing is I like the pain y do I do this I like is it becase of like I'm nervous or something and like I'll chew in it for hours and its almost to the point whare my gums are almost bleeding and like ya it's like a habit and the only other time was when I was a baby I was born early or something and I chewed a blanked down to a thread and I've all ready broke 3 coards and ya plz reply :grin:

2. Lucky Oshawott

I Think I'd Be More Worried For Your Health And Safety! :grin: You're Risking Getting Hurt By The Wires And Stuff But Also Doing Bad Damage To Your Mouth. Maybe It's Just The Sense Of Having Soemthing To Do To Occupy You But Be Careful! :grin:

3. aeva

I do it too, although not with wires. I just chew gum 24/7, because if I don't I will bite my nails, rip the skin off the inside of my cheeks, or just gnaw on whatever is around (pen, sleeve, any piece of rubber). My front teeth are really sharp and can slice through most materials. It gets worse if I get incredibly upset, for some reason. The gum definitely keeps my mouth occupied though! I also smoke, but of course I wouldn't recommend that.

Stop chewing the cables though, you're going to wind up getting zapped!!

4. loandbehold

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We all have oral fixations (damn Freud for being right about one thing!)

Were any of you thumb-suckers when you were little?

According to Freud, when you have an oral fixation (ie. like/need to have something in your mouth), it relates to your need for attachment and closeness with others. Freud said that those of us who have this fixation were weened too early/late or were never breast fed. This is only the case when it's not only when you're nervous (lots of people bit their nails when they're nervous)