1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made my day :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by otc877, Feb 14, 2008.

1. otc877

otc877 Guest

Not really sure where to post this, but I guess this would be the most appropriate sub-forum...anyways

So, my dad and I have been drifting apart over the past few years.

..I don't really know where I'm going with this, but tonight he walked up the stairs turned and looked in my room... paused for a second and said "Night Chaz"

Doesn't seem like much, but I can't remember the last time he's said g'night to me or vice versa...s o it was just odd....

It was an odd feeling, but it felt nice! I felt appreciated.

I don't really know why I'm posting this.. just felt like sharing

:slight_smile:

2. Louise

Thank you for sharing. I can empathise perfectly with what you are feeling. The ball is now in your court, pick it up and send it back to him, he will feel the same way as you are now. :eusa_danc

The adolescent years can be very difficult for both parents and kids. Don't believe for one instant these years are easy for us, there are a lot of psychological changes that you have to make as you see your baby become an independant adult so.. Good on your dad.

Make a point to put your head round the sittingroom door to say goodbye to him next time you go out, it will make all the difference. :icon_bigg

3. SpikySpice

My dad only went in to check me at mid night to make sure I dont leave the lights on or not on the computer...I used to say nitenight to him. Now I feel it's so akward to do it, it feels...weird, dont know how to explain it, like me and him rarely hugged each other except when he's proud of me cuz that feels kinda gay XD I dont know, me and my dad dont have a big connection but we have a strong relationship cuz he loves me alot, but he never sat down and talk to me

Imma be shocked if he says night son, really sad isnt it

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just goes to show how sometimes the smallest of things have the biggest of outcomes!! I'm happy for you.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It's amazing what a simple act of reaching out can do for someone. I agree with Louise. Repay the kindness.

6. LorenzG1950

I agree with Louise & Becky. Use the opportunity to get closer again. There are so many things I would love to have told my dad. And as in Spikey's case, I can't remember hugging my dad at all.

You never know how long you will have the opportunity to (*hug*)

And damn it, we're gay so we're allowed to be touchy feely :icon_bigg

7. otc877

otc877 Guest

I was in the middle of a bite of cereal when he said that.. I nearly choked and started to cough.. but when I regained my posture I returned the favor :slight_smile:

I think he had the same response as I did.