1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think im gonna come out to my friends soon.. any advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nickygirl, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Nickygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have decided that imma come out to Lizzy and Alina and Angie some time this week. Idk how though. It's not that I'm scared or anything, I know they will be very accepting and they've probably already guessed that I'm bi, even if they don't know I'm totally gay. So the fear thing isn't really a problem. It's just that idk how exactly. Like what do i say? We're always in the middle of a conversation so like when do i say it and how. It just feels it'd be weird to say it out of nowhere xD idk lol.. anybody have any advice?

2. Nickygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    please guys i dont know what to do. im kinda nervous how it will play out cause itll be the first time ever im telling someone. if someone cold please give me some advice i'd really apreciate it!!

3. truetomyself

truetomyself Guest

Good on you :slight_smile:
    I think the best way to do it would be as honest as possible....maybe you could just say - hey, I've got something to tell you...
    If they are true friends then they will be supportive.

Good luck, you will be ok!

4. julia

You could start to tell them by saying the very generic "I have something to tell you, I'm gay/I like girls." I told my family by just saying "I like girls", then got the conversation flowing from there. That's fantastic that you know that your friends will be accepting, that's great that you have such great friends. I wish you the best of luck!

5. Oblivion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, like the previous posters said, just bring it up XD wait for a lull in the conversation then go for it. Or do what I did and text them saying 'next time we meet up I wanna tell you something', then it'll probably be brought up by them.
    Good luck! :slight_smile:

6. Nickygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thanks guys!!!
    yea its weird most of my school is kinda homophobic but somehow i got to be friends with the group of people who isnt lol its awesome :slight_smile: