1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM and Gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JoBa22, Nov 27, 2012.

1. JoBa22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the past couple of weeks I have been having strong feelings of being a FTM transsexual, but I am still physically and emotionally attracted to men. Is this normal? I feel like I shouldn't have boobs and my desire to have a penis is growing every day. Is being a FTM transsexual and being gay a tangible thing?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are people that are both transgender and gay. So, what you are feeling is normal.

3. jaysuss

No matter what you want to do with your life and whoever you are is always tangible and acceptable. It sounds cheesy but nothing is impossible unless you make it out to be.

4. Bree

Yes, totally normal. No different than anyone else being gay.

5. PurpleCrab

What you describe is not only very possible but also very real. I however wouldn't wish it to anybody as it's tough being a transman that's attracted to guys. You'll pass for a f*ghag, for a woman who seeks attention, for a fake gay guy... and hit your nose on many walls.
    There's lots of close minded people in LGBT communities, and for a whole lot of gay guys the penis, it being flesh and it being able to shoot real fertile sperm is hyper important and can't be done without.

If you are really trans* though, and sure of that, I'd still say it's worth coming out and being yourself. At least if you're loved (and desired) it will be for YOU and not for who they think you are. If you get what I mean. It'll be real. That's what matters.

6. Ashton

I am ftM and into guys :slight_smile: I can imagine that once you're out about it and word gets around, you'll quickly get male attention :slight_smile:

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Like everyone else said, its beyond normal :slight_smile:

Sexual orientation and gender identity are two very separate things. One doesn't affect the other. So, if you feel like you are a guy and you still like guys, then that will make you gay, yes :slight_smile: