1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sister's Afraid?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jaysuss, Nov 27, 2012.

1. jaysuss

Alright so my sister is afraid that me coming out will affect her socially. She thinks that because I am gay that other people will assume the same for her and give her crap. I thought this might be some insecurity to her actually being gay but she isn't. What am I supposed to tell her that it will be all right or people won't do that.. I'm at an impasse because it's something that is happening to me not her.

2. Ticklish Fish

how old/younger is your sister? in middle school? high school?

(she's probably just worry high school rumor problems or one of those things teens speak in high school hahaha.)

3. jaysuss

She is a freshman (15).

4. Ticklish Fish

I don't know what strategy works for your school, but if ignoring certain people have been useful, then do that.
    If not, try witty remarks like, "So does it make you gay to worry that I am gay?"

#this post's suggestion might be ineffective. I swear, my school's different in a way.

5. Capichino

Y does the school and her freinds have to know ?¿?¿?¿?¿?

6. Tell her that's its illogical and that she is making a fallacious argument. By her reasoning it's possible to assign arbitrary associations to whomever she wants.

7. jaysuss

Our schools are less then a mile apart so everyone knows each other. My plan is to go Facebook official so any if my friends that are from her school will know anyway. I told her that it wouldn't happen and if it did it didn't matter because she was straight. I still don't know what to say to get a desired reaction.