1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by maskUlineboy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. maskUlineboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have this problem, well its not really a problem because I truly love it, but it happens a lottt, I'm that gay guy who is still just one of the guys, you know? I have a lot of straight friends and I tend to get crushes on some of them rather easily, but they're usually younger than me and they're the ones that I suspect are closeted or unaware, questioning, or whatever goes on in the minds of 19 year old guys.

So I'm into this one who just turned 20 last week, we met at a concert last year, a few months before I came out, I asked him for his phone number and we became instant friends. He is charming, intelligent, creative, and he treats me with a lot of respect and so does all of his friends (this usually doesn't happen, so its about time), and he also has this gorgeous face that just makes me melt every time I see him. He knows that I'm gay, and he has known for a long time, it has never been a problem. We both have an interest in music, but he didn't start writing music until after he knew me, and I taught him everything that I know.

I just can't tell for sure though, is he into me? I've suspected it since this one time right about when we first became friends, I was driving him back to his dorm and at this redlight, he pointed out a gay couple crossing the street that also lived in his dorm, and it made him really nervous, and he had that typical "closet fear" look on his face that my last closet crush would get, but then quickly said it wasn't a problem to him. I chickened out in telling him about me, but I explained to him that gay people don't really want to be pointed out like that. He understood, he's always been a good person.

So what do ya think world? I really dont want to screw up my relationship with him. Should I just wait until hes ready? Thanks!

2. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Asking is usually an effective way to find out. If he says yes, then yay for you. If he says no he's either straight, unsure and lying, or gay/something else and lying - the last two likely mean he's unready to date/have sex with you or anyone.

#2 plasticcrows, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. maskUlineboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ehh, I've done the asking thing in the past. It causes more problems. At least where I'm from. He confident, but I am older and more experienced, so maybe hes shy? Also, his roommate and pretty much one of his best friends growing up made moves on me a few months back when he was drunk. Is this an issue?

4. rday13

rday13 Guest

He may be closeted, he may be straight, bisexual or many more things.
    Spend some time with him and when you feel that you're both comfortable, ask.
    It's the best way to know. Or else you'll be wondering about it for far longer than you'd like.

5. ryanninjasheep

I hate to be a downer, but lots of straight guys are accepting. You can't base your decision on one little thing...

6. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Maybe. I can't be certain because I am not these individuals. If you're thinking that because he has possibly gay or bi friends he might be gay to, then consider that only about 1.7% of the 18+ population in the USA is gay. I really don't see any way that someone else could give you a logical answer to this question because we can only make intuitive inferences and assumptions with the information you've given us. Even if you were to enumerate his daily activities, you wouldn't really get an accurate answer, unless you like, stalk him and observe him having wild gay orgies in a gay bar. What's more is that you likely have a bias in reporting this, further hindering anyone's ability to give you a sound answer.

7. maskUlineboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    exactly, best to just play it cool? also, I love the "straight is a direction, forward is an attitude"