1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need to vent...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lodiug, Feb 15, 2008.

1. lodiug

Well I've been a little depressed lately.....
    Everytime I see my crush at school I get very sad..the fact that he's straight makes me sad and the fact that I'm gay makes me angry!!
    Plus I can't focus on my studies because all I'm thinking about is my crush and my sexuality...Now I'm getting bad grades..and I'm afraid to show them to my dad! Everytime he sees bad grades he yells and screams at me and makes me feel like I'm worthless and I don't want to deal with that right now! My parents noticed that I've been a little depressed but they never asked me why...All they ever ask is "Are you okay?". And I just reply by saying that everything's fine when it's not! They don't want to sit down and really talk to me. They don't know I'm gay! And that's what bugs me too! I really want to tell them but I'm afraid of a negative reaction. And I feel like I'm disgracing their name!
    My sexuality is big issue for me and being gay is not something I'm proud of unlike some of you. I don't have any gay friends who I can talk to and there's no place for me to go where I can just be myself...except here of course. Sometimes I feel like running away but that wouldn't change anything and it make things worse than they already are...

Thanks for reading all of this. This is the longest post I've ever made....I'm so tired of all of this.....I just feel like taking a nap....

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You parents aren't communicating in exactly the way you think they should be communicating but STILL they have noticed and are asking. It's time for you to open up to them and give them a little trust. They have opened the door, now you need to take the lead and tell them what is wrong! Things are going to be so much better if you can just be honest and open with the people that mean the most to you.

As far as your "straight crush" goes.....just remember that crushes are temporary. Focus your thoughts and energy on something else for awhile. I bet the real thing will come along when you least expect it! (*hug*)

3. XxTheNumbOnexX

WHOA!!wait...a..second....I know ALMOST exactly how u feel....i was going through that like a year ago....maybe it will pass...but thats all the advice i have!!im so incredibly sorry!!*hugs!!!!* *LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS!!!*
    and btw...I agree with Becky!!!she rox and shes extremely good at advice :slight_smile:

#3 XxTheNumbOnexX, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  4. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Heh, this is pretty much what's happening to me now. My usual straight A's are tanking, and I'm on here WAY more than I should be.