1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened here?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JoshXD, Nov 28, 2012.

1. JoshXD

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basically, I used to like this guy about 2 years ago. I was out and gay at my school, he was bi-curious and knew that I liked him. It faded, but I always had a little thing for him.

Recently, we got really close and he came onto me. I'm new, so I don't know if I can go into specifics. It wasn't anything physical, but basically we decided that we would be friends with benefits.

Two days later, he sent me an inbox on facebook saying basically that, "sorry that I led you on, but my feelings for bi-curiosity have passed."

Did I freak him out? Or is he just not into guys at all?

2. Aquilo

Hi, I can't really know with the limited information about him. Maybe he's in denial or he could be just that: 'bi-curious', but that he realised he was more straight? Was he actually out as bi-curious?

3. dano22

dano22 Guest

It happens. I was in a situation like that but it was the other way around. Everyone in the school knew he was gay and I was not out and I sent him a message on myspace saying im gay and everything took a big risk and he responded saying Oh i am sorry I am straight but very supportive of gay people something like that and after high school he appeared to have lied to me and really is gay. Maybe he did not trust me or something I don't know. I would let this guy go for now and only time will tell if he really is gay or bisexual and just made a turn back into the closet for some reason.

4. julia

My best guess is that he isn't gay at all and didn't realize it until you came along and he experimented with you, OR it could be that he thinks he's more gay than he thought he was before and is scared to admit it himself, thus not wanting to see you anymore. I wouldn't take it personally at all, though.

5. 341

341 Guest

I would suggest you just get with somebody who is, you know. GAY. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. JoshXD

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the replies!

I think maybe I freaked him out, but he may have been more straight. I just won't take it personally.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile: