1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very messed up obsession

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kanfused, Nov 28, 2012.

1. kanfused

I don't know what lead me to be so obsessed maybe inherited it.
    I'm dying right now I am so in love and lovesick with a celebrity, she's all I think about, I've been waiting for her to tweet back but hasn't, said she was busy I think it's an excuse..
    I know she's unreachable, but I love her so much it hurts.

She is also the person that motivates me, for me she is so perfect.
    I think we're match in heaven because what she's gone through I'm going through, and two people I loved previously equals her name, it's so odd I know.

I want to think that maybe she will not become my girl friend, maybe if I become rich soon I can somehow go there, if I can buy her love.

2. theMaverick

I think we've all had a celebrity crush at one point or another. I, myself, have had many - to name a few

Jessica Alba
    Mila Kunis
    Natalie Portman
    Paul Walker
    Colin Farrell
    Chris Pine
    Alex O'Laughlin

And that is seriously, seriously, just a few.

It's clear from your post that your crush is more than a crush. As you said, it's an obsession. Obsessions are not healthy. I used to be obsessed with a certain tv show. I watched it, over, and over, and over. It wasn't a healthy thing for me.

Now for the bitter medicine.
    She is a celebrity. She has likely thousands of people, if not more, who tweet her on a daily basis. Chances of her replying to your tweet are slim to none. While my theory of never say never still applies here, chances are slim you'll ever get to meet this person, even slimmer that she'll just be head over heels in love with you. As for being rich, you can't buy someone's love.

What you need to do is see a therapist. They could help you work through your obsession, find out the root source of it, and help you move on.

3. cemma

I completely agree with Someonelost, you need to sort it out.

It's not fair on yourself to let an obsession take over so much of your thoughts where you could be doing so much more and enjoying so much more. Its so unlikely that you'll ever meet her and if you did is she really going to drop on one knee in that moment?
    Have you seen the '1D' fans? Its obsession, girls crying because they saw a car they were in and stuff. No. Don't let something like that happen to you.

I guess just accpept things, move on and use distarctions to help you deal with it. I also agree maybe a therapist is a good idea? They are really good to talk to. I still go to mine, not because anything is wrong any more but just because it gives you a chance to explain things and talkabout al the little things that you cant really discuss in normal situations and they help you find solutions to problems etc..

Yeah well idk if any of that made sense.. but hope it helps!
    Good Luck :slight_smile: