1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help understand sexual attraction?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woundsneverheal, Nov 28, 2012.

1. well since i'm obviously questioning my sexuality.
    i forgot what sexual attraction feels like...i mean i know it sounds stupid but i forgot and also ....how do you know if your attracted to someone? do you get those butterflies when you see them or when your near them?

2. LailaForbidden

S'not stupid. I went through the same thing. Honestly, its probably a sign that your thinking about your sexuality too much because I know I was. So, you may want to sit back. relax. take a deep breath :slight_smile:

But, to answer your question, I suppose it varies from person to person. I don't always get butterflies in my stomach, sometimes its just a really warm, happy feeling and I always want to be around them and make them laugh. Butterflies only come on with me when I am really nervous around the person or something. Also, watch out for the fantasies and feelings that pop up when you don't expect it or when you don't want them too. Other than that, you just have to trust yourself and stop thinking about it too hard. Just let the feelings flow :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Good luck!

3. yeah i am....because well...you can read my blog ...and maybe will help you get the full story but thank you for answering

4. 341

341 Guest

I feel totally out of place even suggesting anything to you, as I have never questioned my sexuality.

This so called 'butterflies' feeling is not entirely around sexual attraction, do you get this feeling around people you don't actually know?

Can you go into more depth, please? :slight_smile:

Also when it comes to questioning your sexuality, don't let it control your life, at the end of the day if you meet someone you like, that's that.

5. LailaForbidden

I tried to access your blog, but it blocked me for some reason or another. But, yeah, my best advice is for you to relax. I let the questioning rule my life for almost a year. Trust me.. its MUCH better to not focus on it so much. Ironically, that makes everything clearer. Good luck :slight_smile: and remember, everything you feel is natural!

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexual attraction comes naturally; I think when we see someone we're attracted to we're instantly drawn to them. We find ourselves wanting to be around them a lot, talking to them to get to know them better as well. However, I think when you're interested in someone as more than a friend, those feelings of wanting to be around them/getting to know them become stronger. You may feel like you want to kiss, hug and or touch them sexually. I don't really get that ”butterflies in my stomach” feeling anymore. I truly don't believe I ever have...hmm--I'll put more thought into that. I would say that I was over friendly to almost all my female friends. I would hug them often and they didn't mind :grin:

I think you'll know when you find someone you're sexually attracted to, just take your time and embrace your feelings :slight_smile:

#7 pinklov3ly, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  7. yeah , i just...i don't. i remember hugging a crush that i had on this girl in my class and my stomach just flipped and felt this electricity