1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused, again.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Quitex, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Ok, I dont know what the hell to do. To think or whatever.

I met this girl today, in classes. Her name is Claudia. Yes, she's a girl. And I got hooked right away. I was like... "woow, wait a second"... and I kept staring @ her all the class... ONE hour and a half...

Then we started talking (with Claudia) about stuff like the music she likes and what she likes to do, and that type of things when you're trying to... you know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and I was like... hell, what am I doing?

I sooo lost control. Forgot I was "Gay" and I felt so... ummm... "Straight" for the first time... I was like... I ALREADY WENT THROUGH THIS!!! PLEASE DONT MAKE ME GO CRAZY ABOUT THIS AGAIN!!!! :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: I already accepted my gayness and I just dont want to go through that again :bang: so, I was like :eusa_naug :eusa_naug :eusa_naug , but, :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc and then I went all :confused: :confused: :confused: , you know?

Then I came across the idea I may be bi, but this is the first time in... 17 years I feel atracted to a girl... Well, third time, but the first 2 times was just to prove that I was straight (At that time I knew but Didnt accepted I was gay), and I didnt even kissed them or anything because they rejected me, twice.

So, I'm 17 (almost, in a month, wooo) and I haven't kissed a girl in my life. So that comes down to: 1) I dont really like girls, but, what's up with Claudia??, or 2) Girls are never atracted to me [and I know Claudia was not like... WOW as I was] so... eh I dont know if that's good or bad....

So, wrapping up... Really, am I gay or not? :help:

2. ccdd

ccdd Guest

This is really unhelpful maybe - but I have recently been in a similar position. I kinda like this guy, and I'm like, BUT I'M GAY!!! Although, technically, you'll see I describe myself as bisexual... but I actually find it hard to think of myself as bisexual, because I don't know, I think I see myself as under the "gay" umbrella.

But yes, I have only just started to realise and accept that I like girls and have for a while, and now like this guy...

I think that, ultimately, we just have to give up all this "what am I?" for our own sanity and just go with the flow. I know that that's not a particularly helpful answer, and really avoids answering your question, but you already know you're not straight, which perhaps, in the end, will be all you need to know. Perhaps the question isn't "am I gay or not?" but "If I like this person is whether I do something about it or not going to be based upon which category I decide to put myself in?".

Something I have realised is that being bisexual does not mean that you are attracted to both equally. You could well be 99% gay. Or 50% gay. Or 75% gay. I personally am a believer in the spectrum theory. So if you are, say, 99% gay, then occasionally, a girl will come along who turns your head. This makes life confusing, but you cannot change your sexuality.

I personally believe that you should try not to think about whether you're gay or not too much, or to see the choices as either gay or straight - if you are bisexual, then to deny that part of you that is attracted to women could be as painful and damaging to you, as being in the closet is to many gay people. That is, do not try and supress any part of your sexuality, so if you are attracted to her, then go with the flow.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. BabyBoy

Well....you most likely are bi. You just may be more into guys, seeing as how you've never ever been attracted to a girl until now.

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Think of it as a scale. On one end, you are totally, totally gay. On the other end, you are totally straight. Bang in the middle, you are totally bi. You are probably hovering somewhere between 'bi' and 'gay' but are not bang on either of them.

5. Alexander

so you're homoflexible. big deal. one in ten-thousand girls turns you on. so what?

6. Quitex

Quitex Guest

HAHA! that made me laugh a lot, and well, guess I was just overreacting *sighs*
    Thnaks for yer time folks, I guess I just need to focus more on other stuff than this :bang:

Love ya! <3

7. Grantious

Hey,

well this is going to contradict some idea's but i once read that sexuality can be fluid and can change even if only a little... but i'm not hooked on the idea so dont read too much into it.. but if you're mainly attracted to guys then whats the confusion?
    Think about this... Can you imagine having a long lasting relatioship with this girl witha full sex life? i kno what sounds awfull but ya kno

Catch

8. divinity1618

divinity1618 Guest

I'm gay and I was in love with a man. It happens. Most things, like sexuality can't be put in a nice little box like everyone likes to do. In my case we realized things just weren't right in the intimate side of things and we stopped trying. But we are best friends and I can't picture my life without him. So just think of this girl as a good friend to begin with and see where things go, don't force it and simply enjoy your time together.

And I agree with ccdd's more complete answer :grin: