1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ready for Love, but Scared It Will Go Away Like All The Other Times

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by perfectscorpio, Nov 29, 2012.

1. perfectscorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dating/Relationship Advice Needed!!!

I feel as thought I'm finally at a place in my life where I'm ready, willing, able to choose love and find it in my life. But, a part of me still harkens back to my past experiences where the guy seems interested, things are going well for a very short amount of time, and then it just all ends in a nutshell. This makes me a little scared that any guy I meet with this new lease on love and relationships will be like all the others: disappear or not work out within two or three weeks. How do I get past this fear so I can move on and go after love fearlessly and with nothing but total and absolute hope and faith?

2. MizzShelly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think everyone has this fear, straight or gay. It's the risk we must choose to take or not when we decide to put ourselves out there.

I'm newly aware and learning to accept that I am gay. I can't even comprehend dating at this point. But when I do, I know it will carry the same risks as it did when I was straight.

I guess in the end, we just do it and hope for the best.