1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by theMaverick, Nov 29, 2012.

1. theMaverick

My girlfriend is bouncing up and down on my last nerves.

She's needy. Cranky. Moody. Resentful. Jealous.

And I don't think she trusts me. WTF?

I've never done anything to make her not trust me, but yet my female cousin (COUSIN!!!) comes into town and I hang out with her because she's practically my best friend and the only one who I can be myself around and the only one who knows about my less than hetero-sexuality and my girlfriends turn into a complete psycho. My female cousin might be moving down here and we would be getting an apartment together if she did -- my girlfriend thusly insinuated that I was going to sleep with my COUSIN!!! ( :tantrum: ) That is never going to happen for so many reasons, the first being that she is my COUSIN!!!!!!

She gets mad when I have to stay home and work on things instead of seeing her. She tries to make me feel bad about it.

I'm getting so fucking sick and tired of this bullshit.:***::angry::angry:

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why are you still with this person. She doesn't sound very pleasant.

3. theMaverick

Sometimes I wonder

4. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

She knows that she is you're cousin right? If she has trust issues maybe you should just move on...

5. theMaverick

Yeah she knows that she is my cousin. I'm weighing my options.

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

That's crazy! Good luck to you man

7. dano22

dano22 Guest

This girlfriend of yours has control issues I think that is the best point to make here. It seems like this is heading in a very unhealthy direction and you should break up with her right way before it gets violent.

8. Pyrotactick

I was gona say the same thing...ditto.

9. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    nothing i can say that hasnt already been said, drop the bitch.

10. theMaverick

Well it's more than even that.

I don't feel like I get to be myself around her.
    The things that she does, the quirks that she has, that used to be cute, now drive me mad.
    The jealousy and trust issues are really the least of it. Sometimes being around her makes my skin crawl. Sometimes I ignore her just so she won't come over. Sometimes I find myself wishing I was single again so I didn't have to keep feeling this way.

But a few months ago I was so in love, and so happy. How did it all go wrong? The optimist in me wants to save the relationship.

11. BudderMC

That's called "rose-coloured glasses", otherwise known as infatuation.

I don't know how long you two have been together, but it's not uncommon for people's "true colours" so-to-speak to show after a while, could be as long as a few years. That's the one piece of advice I'll remember from my otherwise-silly religion teacher: don't get married to anyone until you've been with them for a couple of years at least!

Anyways, it's natural to come down off the high a little bit as people settle into a relationship. But if you're going from happiness all the way to misery, there's a problem there. If you wanted you could examine every possible aspect as to why the relationship is going wrong, whether it's your or her or the rotation of the Earth... but the bottom line is: you aren't happy.

Everything you're typing is indicating that you really don't enjoy being with her. Life is too short to stick with someone who's making you unhappy. I don't think the question is "what does all this mean?" anymore, but rather "how should I end the relationship?"

(at least if it were me, that's the question I'd be asking myself)

12. theMaverick

Been together for 7 months. Been thinking of how I could get out of this for 3 months. I don't want to hurt her. But I want out.

13. TheSeeker

Sounds clingy... Run! Also which cousin? First? Third? What...

14. Hoofbeats

You should drop her, and get out while the gettin's good. I don't see any good coming from this.

15. the frizz

Speaking from experience with a controlling girlfriend, there comes a time where the drama isn't worth it anymore. I reached that point with my ex and that's when I decided it was time to move on. If you don't get excited to spend time with that person and you start to dread seeing them, it's time to let go of them.

16. dano22

dano22 Guest

I would suggest breaking up with her in a public setting. My former roommate who I hated had a clingy girlfriend with severe attachment issues everything was about him and centered around him and when he finally dumped her she bit him literally. She than ran away and he called the police on her so yeah do it in a public setting.