1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just feeling lost and lonely (kinda just venting)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lights, Nov 29, 2012.

1. lights

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not a native english-speaking person so I'm sorry if my english isn't that good...

So I just don't know where my life is heading. I feel very ofter lonely. I have quite many friends and a handful of close friends, to whom I'm out. I just feel like they don't have time for me anymore, and I don't blame them, most of them are in a relationship with wonderful people and they are all now moving in together and stuff. Not a day goes by that I'm not jealous to them, I would die to get a normal relationship like that. I have never been in a relationship (if you don't count a 3 day relationship with my best girl friend during which I fully realized that I could never be with a girl and it really made me depressed. She was madly in love with me and i really broke her heart, so I'm really lucky that she's one of my closest friends still) or kissed a person. I feel like it's whatever now, I'm too old for a lovely cotton-clouds-and-syrup -kind of teenage romance I've always dreamed of.

My out-situation is very tricky. Last year I started at university and promised myself that I would never ever tell anyone there, try to get into the more popular circles this time. Almost two years ago I told my mom, she did not take it very well, and although she said she loved me all the same, she told me that maybe I'm just confused and that I should try to be with a girl. I just feel so frustrated that I cannot, I don't want my parents to be ashamed of me, and me being out as gay and having a boyfriend would definetly do that. I really don't ever want to "come out" as I don't see that it would make my life any easier with rumors spreading and people hating me behind my back.

I can't really think of a reason anyone would read this, it's just crazy. I probably just needed to vent a bit, since I really have no-one to talk to right now, so thanks if you read.

2. MizzShelly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ((((hugs)))) I Understand what you are saying.

3. firemaker13

I am sorry for your troubles: if you want anyone to talk to i am here: i can relate to you babbling: I told my parents that i was gay last year, i told everyone then i realize i wasnot exactly gay. i feel gay but i am a female. and no i do not date women, i think its not right. sorry for the babble.

4. 341

341 Guest

Your post confuses me, you feel gay but you're a female so you're not?
    Women can be gay/lesbian, there's nothing wrong with that at all. :slight_smile: