1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomorrow [warning: potential triggers]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Silver Sparrow, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Silver Sparrow

Warning for potential triggers. If these are not allowed, please remove this thread mods. Also, this may not be the right forum, but it does have support and advice in it.
    Tomorrow is an unofficial self-harm awareness day, as some people may have seen around a certain other site. The idea is that one who has struggled with self-harm, an ED, or suicidal ideation wears a black ribbon on their wrist(I'm wearing yarn, as I don't have ribbon). It's kind of a way to spread awareness and show people they are not alone.
    What do you all think about this?
    I'm planning on doing it because I want someone other than my friend Gabby and my therapist to know. Maybe they'll recognize the idea, maybe it'l start a conversation, maybe they are wearing a black ribbon too. I don't know.
    But anyways, the real support and advice bit. Do you think it would be a good idea to let people know? Is it putting too much of a burden on a high-schooler to expect her to support me, as another highschooler?
    Thanks for the help(*hug*):icon_redf:kiss:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll add a warning for potential triggers in the thread title...otherwise, this topic will be all spoiler posts. :slight_smile:

Lex