1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abt school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Capichino, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Capichino

Ok I'm wondering is it like Realy school appropriate it like ik it's ok to talk abt male and female stuff like cells and sex cells but is it ok to have a ton of questions abt like u have to say if ur a dominate sex cells or not like thare were like 10 basses on if Iam a dominate sex cell or not and isn't that kinda personal and I am ok saying it on here but not at school but I have to I'm a dominate but still that's kinda personal I think isn't it

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I thought I was with you through about "sex cells". Then you totally lost me with the basses and dominance talk. Let me just sort of guess here. If you're asking if it's OK to talk about being dominate sexually, I guess you could, but at age 13, that seems a bit premature to know for sure. And you'd probably want to know these people really well before just chatting about it - it's a bit weird to walk up to near-strangers and talk about your sexual predilections.

If that's not what you're asking, as the robots used to say, "reword the order".

Lex

3. Capichino

Ya but like we're learning abt it in school in scince and its Realy aquard

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2012 at 05:43 PM ----------

4. aeva

I know this post is from ages ago, but I think I may know what you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about genetics. In science, there are dominant and recessive traits. If something is dominant, it means that only one of the parents needs to have it to pass it onto the child. If something is recessive, it means that both parents need to have it for it to be passed onto the child. For example, if both of your parents have red hair, you will have red hair because it is a recessive trait. If one of your parents had red hair and the other had dark hair, your hair would be dark because the dark hair trait is dominant. It has nothing to do with sexual preferences.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^Thank you, aeva, for making sense of that, because no offense OP, that was a load of gibberish :S

Genetics gets pretty in-depth though. Have you seen those diagrams called Punnett squares? They are basically what you're talking about. Of course it's more complex than that when it comes to things like height and other quasi-random features, but they serve a layman's understanding very well.