1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Anxiety!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mine, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey All,

So this morning @ about 2 AM I came out to my first person. I let her know that I had fallen in love with one of our mutual friends and that's what made me realize it. Now, I have a strong feeling that she told the girl I like because she's sending me some cryptic texts. And they're mostly quotes saying that I shouldn't be in love. Anyways ... now I just want to lock myself in my room for a year. Am I just paranoid? How should I handle the situation?

Thanks!

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might mean something, it might not. Your best bet - play it cool. Respond to those texts like you're confused. "Are these song lyrics? I don't know if I know them. But if they aren't, maybe you should make them into songs yourself. :slight_smile:" If she keeps hinting, make her make the "big reveal". "Can I ask why you're sending me this stuff?"

Lex

3. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Call your friend or confront her in person and ask her if she told this girl that you're a lesbian and that you like her. If your friend did, and the girl you liked isn't attracted to females or otherwise does not wish to date you just try to move on. Nothing gained in allowing your feelings for her to linger if there's no chance of a relationship working out.

4. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, let me give some names because it's hard to explain lol. So Diana is the girl I told and Marge is the girl I liked. Anyways, I just talked to Diana and told her that Marge is acting weird and she basically said that she did tell her. In the meantime, Marge is texting me random stories now ... realizing that I've caught on. It's like she wants to pretend she didn't hear what she did. Do I keep writing her like I don't know? I just want to stop texting her all together and hide in a hole. Lmao! I know, I'm so mature. This is something so out of my comfort zone though. Sorry if this made no sense, I'm scatter brained.

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2012 at 03:37 PM ----------

The part that sucks is that she was my friend and so now I've lost a friendship when I didn't ever plan to tell her I liked her. FML. :***:

5. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

What makes you so sure you've lost a friendship? You should talk to Marge about what happened, as you have no way of knowing what she makes of the situation for certain right now. Random stories and strange texts aren't a good way to sort out problems.

#5 plasticcrows, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  6. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because, isn't it going to be awkward for her to be around me knowing what she does? My mind is going so fast. I need Dr. Phil!

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2012 at 03:43 PM ----------

Diana told me she told her though. What should I say? Any ideas on how to start that conversation? Lmao!

7. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

It's possible. It's also possible that she won't. Talking to her about this should yield an answer pretty quickly.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She knows you like her "like that".
    She apparently doesn't like you "like that".
    But she still likes you. She's still texting you.
    So let's pretend you had this conversation.

"I've decided I might like you as something more than a friend."
    "That's really flattering, but I'm afraid I don't feel the same way about you."
    "Well, that's disappointing."
    "I can imagine. We can still be friends, though."
    "OK."

Now continue on as before. You don't have to bring it up again, because in essence, you had that conversation. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, that's an easy way to look at it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I might text her and say, "can we pretend this never happened?" Lmao!

10. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Say something like "So I take it Diana told you?" Hopefully her response would be 'yes.' But if It isn't, say "I know she told you that I'm a lesbian. She told me so herself." If she confirms that Diana told her, go on to ask her if she's still your friend. That's the big thing you want to know, right? It's best to just be direct. If she says "yes" then yayayay, you have a cool friend. If she says "No," ask her why, and do your best to convince her that nothing has changed and that you're still the same person she knew yesterday. If she's still reluctant, just give it time. If she never accepts you, then fuck her. If she ends your friendship over a petty matter like this, she probably won't be swayed.

#10 plasticcrows, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  11. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, I just said ... "so diana told you?" and she said "mmmhm :slight_smile:"

12. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Simely face included? That's a pretty good sign. Good luck, man.

13. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yes, noooo help me! don't leave! lol. I want to say, "i didn't want u to hear it like that, sorry. i hope we can go back to normal at some point?" then i'd include something like "Ah! Kill me!" lmao! jkjk.

14. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

If you want to, say exactly that.

15. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is this a normal coming out story because i feel like this is about as awkward as I've ever felt in my whole life lol.

16. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Mmmm, it could be normal. I've seen no official statistics about coming out experiences and I doubt there are any. It doesn't matter if your experience is normal though.

17. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel so sick, It's been like 20 mins and she hasn't written me back. This is really hard, especially when there is NO ONEEE that I can talk to about it.

18. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

What was the last thing she sent you? She's probably just doing something else.

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no reason to draw this out. You have the answer you need. She likes you, not like that. Thank her for being a good friend, and move on. :slight_smile:

Lex

20. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok, sorry it took me a long time to write back. Last night she asked me to come over so we could talk about what I said to Diana. Basically she said she felt the same way and she's never been able to tell me! She said her heart was beating so fast and she was afraid to tell Diana she felt the same so she just didn't know what to say. Anyways, I spent the night last night! LMAO! And we're just going to see where it goes from here! Best night ever! Thank u all so much for just talking to me and helping me not explode from my anxiety. :grin: