1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a little help coming out..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Maxiej, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Maxiej

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How can I come out to my best friend? I feel like we're sorta drifting apart lately, and I want us to be closer again but, I am also worried that i may disappoint her if she finds out i'm gay. I have asperger's syndrome so I am very bad with this type of thing, i have no idea what to say or how she will react. my whole life ive acted as if im straight, saying stuff like I'll have a wife and kids.etc when im older. but i lied to her (and everyone else) so i'm afraid she'll be upset about that and she won't be my friend. and she's all i've got.
    sometimes I think about telling her i'm only bi but i think that may be a bad idea :eusa_liar

sorry if this has been asked lots of times but could somebody give me some advice?

#1 Maxiej, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. sapphicvariety

Considering I don't know your friend, it's hard to give accurate advice, but this is what I'd do.

I would say that I needed to tell her something personal. I would remind her that I'm telling her this because I trust her very much. I doubt she'd be mad at you for lying. If she seems mad, remind her that she's one of the first people that you've told (I'm assuming thats the case) so as opposed to feeling offended, hint at the fact that she should feel honored.

Good luck!

3. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

usually girls dont have a problem with their guy friends coming out...she will most likely want to connect even closer with you...:lol:

4. Maxiej

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thats what I'm hoping for... I guess i'm just worrying too much.

thank you for the advice, sapphicvariety
    i feel better now.:grin:

5. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    unless they have a crush on you....because if they do, and you come out to them, you will probably be in trouble...it happened to me :lol: