1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People Not Believing Your Gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jaysuss, Nov 29, 2012.

1. jaysuss

So i have told a lot of people in just the past two weeks and like four of them keep saying that I am Bi at the very least because of all the girls I dated and kissed. They refuse to to accept that fact that I'm gay. I've shown them pictures of guys I like and all but how do I get them to believe me. Anyone have any ideas on how to get people to believe you?

2. Gen

Gen

Personally, I wouldnt care.

Coming out should be a matter of "Just So You Know", not lets negotiate. Some people may struggle with it. Some people make take a while to believe it, but really once its out there its out of your hands. They'll probably come around eventually. I wouldnt even waste my breath on it.

3. madi

When I started coming out as bi one of my guy friends went back and forth with me for about an hour "no you're not you're joking" and things similar. It's frustrating but like Gen said you shouldn't have to convince them it is just a "just so you know" kinda deal. It hard with them thinking you are bi and not gay though because even if you date a guy they may still think you are bi, but just try not to let it get to you. If you know who you are and are comfortable enough to tell people then that's good enough.

4. julia

Honestly, there's not much you can do to make people believe that you are in fact gay. Don't try and waste your time in trying to make people believe, because it 's highly likely it won't help. Just focus on yourself, and remember other people's opinions of you don't matter.

5. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ALL THE TIME! I just ignore this kind of behavior, or at least don't make much fuss about it, they eventually get tired of asking.

My friends go as far as saying I "pretend" to be gay so I can be around the girls and make them "want" me more or something ...I swear I was like; "wtf?"

All I know is that I am into dudes, and I left it clear for them. At least my male friends (which are not many) seem to have gotten the message because wherever I try to jokingly hug them in a "gay" way or purposefully do "gay" things on them they back off hahaha, they don't doubt me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. 341

341 Guest

You know what I hate, girls who think even though you're gay, you want them...:rolle:

7. Emberblaze

Man, same thing happened to me when I first came out. Which, I DID first come out as just bi to my best friend to kinda test out the waters and take a step out of the closet (this was 2 years ago). Last year, I told him I wasn't bi, but gay, and he believed me at first, but then later started saying that I was forcing the gay thing on myself and that I was just claiming it because I was tired of being rejected by girls or something.

Like you, I'd probably been in 4 "relationships" (honestly, I can't even call it that. Lols talking for like a week doesn't really count as a relationship!). But I think he's slowly understanding and being fine with it.

This happened to me when i told a female friend of mine that I was gay. I was starting to think that SHE was the one joking, but... she kinda crushed the shit outta my heart that night T_T... Friendship almost ruined, but in the end, she couldn't end it fortunately enough

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stop caring whether they believe you or not. Seriously, that's the best move. It takes two to argue a point. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. rday13

rday13 Guest

Agreed. That's what I did.
    Otherwise I'd be worrying about 'are you sure you're not bi?'...no I think I've made myself clear. Although maybe I'm not Kinsey 6 but I still know what I like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and I'm not gonna have people debate it.

10. Meg

Meg

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of people didn't believe me when I first came out as being bi. I retreated away and got nervous about it all. Now I've become a lot more confident and I've just kinda kept pushing it a bit, really let them know and I think they're coming around :slight_smile: It may take time but don't let them kick your confidence, you know who you are and that's totally the main thing :slight_smile: