1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have a crush on 1 of my best friends i need advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sunnii, Nov 29, 2012.

1. sunnii

ya its kind of a rant but this is a (i imagine) a common subject, but i was attracted to him the moment i met him, then we got along, then we became like (co-) best friends. But me and my insecurities I have an inferiority complex and i look up to him (and all my close friends for that matter) and because i have a crush on him it makes matters so difficult. Now my crushes seem to be fixes with the addage DISTANCE heals all wounds. Now not only is 1 of my best friends but he also works with me so im going to see him a lot if i like it or not

btw i havent and dont plan on ever telling him i have a crush on him but he knows im gay and i have told him he is attractive (especially when im drunk lol)

#1 sunnii, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  2. DarkClarity

I'm not sure what to say. Your just going to have to tell yourself that 'It's just a stupid crush. Time to move on.' I know it far easier said than done but your just going to have to try. I fell in love hard for a straight friend of mine years ago and it took me about two years to get over it. (Sad but true.) All I can say is focus on finding a guy who can love you back.

I don't know what I've said has been of any help but good luck with everything.

3. sunnii

That's why I want to start dating. I dobt want to confide in anyone about my crush like what would that do. Frankly what got me.over.the previous crush (my moat intense crush ever and it was on on someone frome tv) what killed.it was meeting my.current crush.

4. DarkClarity

If you feel that your ready to date then that's great and I hope you find an awesome guy.

The way I got over my crush was first distancing myself, and with time and a bit of perspective, I got over it but the problem is that you can't do that so I suppose all I can recommend is that everytime that you think about being with your crush try to dismiss the thought and think about something else. It could be anything; politics, sports, TV, hobbies etc. Also try to drill it into your mind that 'he's just your friend. Nothing more. Nothing less.'

Again, I wish I could of been more help.