1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New hairstyle?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sesshomaru, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Sesshomaru

Not sure if this would be the place for this but I'm looking for some help finding a new hairstyle for myself. Normally I wear it straightened and just going back but I'm growing really tired of it since it's a hassle keeping it maintained and my hair is nowhere near as long as it used to be since a lot of it fell out/kept breaking off during my whole coming out ordeal with my mom.

Now I'm looking for something that I could wear using my natural hair texture, which is just really wavy, that's sorta short so I don't have to deal with spending a bunch of time fixing it every day but not too short to where I'm stuck with one hairstyle again. Any ideas anyone?

P.S. I'll upload a picture of what my real hair looks like on my profile in a sec

2. caramba2654

I think you would look nice if you were bald. Seriously. Or with a very short hair. :slight_smile:

3. Sesshomaru

Bald? I wouldn't mind really short hair but the thing I forgot to mention in my first post is that I have a pretty big forehead that I dislike. So I'd want something that would either slightly cover it or distract from it like my current hairstyle.

4. caramba2654

If you're bald, people won't be able to see your forehead, because it's the space between the eyebrows and the hair. With no hair, your forehead will have no size. :grin:

Another idea is that you cut really short and then let your hair grow naturally. After some time, you should be able to make a fringe, and that should take away some of your forehead too.

5. Sesshomaru

I kinda want something that allows me to style it different ways but short enough how I see with so many guys how they can just wake up and forget about their hair yet it doesn't look like crap throughout the day. If that makes any sense.

6. Ridiculous

Well I didn't even notice anything about your forehead before you said that, and even after you did, your hairline only looks a little higher than normal. If you want to make your forehead look smaller then you should probably wear the fringe forward rather than pulled back as it is now - I don't think your current style is really distracting from it, because it is being completely exposed. But again, it doesn't stand out as bigger than any one else's at all.

Having hair that doesn't get messed up easily usually comes down to it being pretty short on the sides and back, and longer on the top. The length on top allows you to style it, and it will generally control itself because of the weight of gravity and the other hairs on top of it, while the shorter back/sides won't get messed up when you sleep on them.

7. Tycho

I think some sort of short or fade haircut would suit you well. Perhaps a fade going into a little bit of a faux hawk or something. Kinda like these image 1 image 2. The good thing with a faux hawk is that regardless of your forehead size it tends to work with the face. If you're still looking for attention to be drawn elsewhere, you could ask you stylist to add a design into the fade.
    A really short - borderline bald - haircut would also really work for you.

I rocked a mohawk + hair design for a while and got good responses. It really is a versatile cut which is why it is quite popular.

Personally I don't think you should worry about your forehead, for a male I'd say its within the average range.