1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so close!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Closet88, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2012 has fundamentally been an uneventful year for me. I haven't done much at all. Although one thing I have noticed this year is that I have become much more comfortable with my sexuality, even going as far as coming out to a distant friend... Which I wouldn't have dreamt of doing before this year.

So as it's the weekend I decided to have some alcoholic drinks tonight... As I do every weekend! After getting quite drunk my cousin starts talking about girls he finds attractive. And as I tend to be brutally honest when I'm drunk I just replied saying "I don't find any of these girls attractive. I like guys..."

My cousin paused for a moment then laughed... "Of course you do... Me too man."

So I kept a straight face and replied "no, genuinely I do. I'm gay."

He just continued laughing, telling me how funny I am and how I almost had him.

I don't really get it. I came out... Kind of. But he thought I was joking. I wish he knew I was genuinely coming out as gay.

It is so hard coming out after years of pretending to be straight. But I guess people are genuinely fooled that I'm straight. If only they knew the truth...

I can't complain though... I have come a long way this year... I wouldn't have even said this before this year... And the fact that I'm on a site like this sharing my stories is a major improvement.

Here's to 2013! Hopefully the year when I finally come out to everyone!

2. 341

341 Guest

I hate it when you tell somebody you're gay and then they don't believe you.

I remember when one of my friend's friend started talking to me and then for some reason he just turned the topic into women, I just let it slip for a while but when it was going too far so I told him that I'm gay. Oh but it did not stop there, for some reason he thought I was joking and then went into explicit context about female 'parts'. So then I just thought there is no point even trying to convince this idiot. After 5 minutes of him talking I started getting images in my head and started feeling pretty sick. I puked, it was only then he believed that I'm gay. Pathetic.

I often get female attention also, even though they know that I'm gay, they still think they can try it with me. This one girl right, she actually attempted to fucking kiss me, she just fucking jumped at me. I was just like "girl, what you doing?". She actually had a shocked face like she was actually expecting me to let her, boy she was embarrassed but fuck, she should be. Crazy bitch.

/rant over

#2 341, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
  3. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found it quite funny that I was genuinely being honest... yet my cousin still didn't believe me. It was very ironic, made me laugh thinking about it today. I'm sure I'll get there one day.

Sorry but I just laughed at your rant a little bit, the part where you said "girl, what you doing?" I hate it when girls make a move on you, it's so awkward!

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know what you mean, that happens just about every time I come out as genderqueer. Most people believe me the second time, but only if I sound super serious about it. And then, it's hard to sound serious, because I don't have a problem with my own gender, I'm happy about it.