1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble avoiding 'girl talk'

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Luke Matt, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Luke Matt

I've always dodged the whole 'girlfriend conversation', but ever since I accepted myself earlier this year I've had real trouble shrugging off talk about girls (specifically with family). Take today for example; i'm currently with my dad, stepmum and some family friends, and I think I've been asked about girls about 30 times (e.g. "Check her out!". "You should take her home", "Had any action lately Luke?").

I just want to cry.

EDIT: Sorry about the title, I'm using my phone to post this. I meant to say "Having trouble avoiding 'girl talk'.

2. the frizz

It's kind of tough to constantly brush off the 'girlfriend/boyfriend conversation'. I'm going through the exact same thing right now. Mom talks about when I get married and what my wedding will look like. Little does she know that I'm going to be marrying the Maid of Honor not the Groom when the time comes.

You could always tell them if you're ready. I'm almost at that point myself just to stop the constant conversations on my love life or lack of love life (in their eyes).

3. revi

revi Guest

IKR, it gets sorta depressing after a while. I think when your parents start to feel you act different there brain responds like this because my dad certainly started doing it more. Sorry for no advice but I just wanted to tell you your not the only one. The only way to solve it would be to come out to them but obviously you (and I) arn't ready for that.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I fixed the title for you :slight_smile:

After I realized that I was gay, I noticed it when my parents and family talked about me getting a boyfriend. You could be noticing it more since you accepted your sexuality.

5. Ticklish Fish

Maybe your parents are more lusty on girls? /jk

you could tell them that you and them have generation gap and look for different things?

or you don't want to date and enjoy your own time? lol

(hey, i do enjoy playing online games throughout my teenhood)

6. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I always just say that I don't have time for it or I haven't found somebody worth crushing on. After getting this response for long enough, they pretty much stopped asking.