1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out and unsure

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Upgrade, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Upgrade

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know what to do now. I've finally come to terms with the fact that I am, in fact, a man in a woman's body. But what now? How do I continue on this path?

My whole entire life, I have known I was different. I never get along with girls and half of the time I can't stand the majority of them. I've been a "tomboy" since childhood and I've only ever had boys as close friends. However, I've always been attracted to boys as well, so I used that to rationalize my feelings of not wanting to be a girl: I'm just not good with girls, but I'm a normal girl who likes guys right? Wrong! I've always wanted to be a guy and I've always felt wrong and uncomfortable in my body. When I read stories about gay love, I cry hysterically. To me, that's way more touching than straight love. That's the love I want.

So, now that I've fully accepted the fact that I'm a gay man, what do I do? Where do I go from here? Any help or insight you could possibly give me is much appreciated.

2. Jeff

There is an adult child of a famous couple (Hollywood stars) who has the same identity, and issues as you describe.

I think that it appears at least you are attracted to guys and have a woman's body so that things can work out as is without too much effort or expense. But from another perspective that might not be quite the case.

Some gay men would like to be in your shoes so that they can date straight guys.

Just a question, do you feel most attracted to men who are gay and appear so? Could you be happy with a straight man? Or is that out of the question?

3. Upgrade

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am more attracted to gay men, but I'm perfectly capable of being with a straight man too. I've been with a guy for almost a year now who is straight and I love him completely.

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do all your friends and family know? What have you told your boyfriend about your gender? Coming out as transgender can be a long process, but necessary for most of us non-cisgender people. It's definitely something to consider and work on.