1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to Homecoming alone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jameson, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Jameson

So basically Homecoming is really soon. I don't have a date and haven't made plans with any friends. Is going to the dance alone anything to worry about? I have plenty of friends to dance with and socialize with, but a lot of people go to each others houses and hang out and such before they go, and I don't usually do that. It's kind of really bothering me...

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never went with anybody either. I just went and had a good time at the dance. There were a ton of people in my hometown that did not do anything special for homecoming (like going to people's houses). So, you're not the only one.

Have Fun!

3. Jameson

Okay! Thanks! I'm not really the most social person ever, but I just began my sophomore year and I'm suddenly worrying about not having friends and doing things alone. For the past few years I've always gone alone to dances, but now I'm totally fretting over it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. ameliawesome

honestly, if you can have fun going places by yourself then you're very fortunate. personally i love going out alone just as much as i love going out with other people. you can have fun no matter what :slight_smile:

5. an0nchick

I wish I could help. I never went to dances at school, but secretly wanted to. However, don't be like me. If you want to go, just go by yourself and have a good time. If not, you'll regret it, like me.

6. Jameson

Welp, thanks for all your advice! Homecoming was really fun! I realize it's better to go alone than to not go at all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, and going single is the best way to go XD

7. ameliawesome

Awesome! Glad you had a good time!

8. rday13

rday13 Guest

Glad to hear you had lots of fun! I didn't end up going to mine b/c I was bummed out by a lack of a date...kinda missed out =(