1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help finding a boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AaronG, Dec 1, 2012.

1. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Ok I know this question has probably been asked a million times but i'm gonna ask anyway.
    So i'm a junior in high school and i'm gay (look to the left) and I've never ever even come close to having a boyfriend. I'd really love to have that experience I almost feel like i'm missing out on part of my teenage years. I always see people holding hands or kissing in the hall but I've never been able to do that. I just don't know where to meet other gay teens(besides here). So a little help would be appreciated a lot. Thanks :grin:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! One good way to meet other gay teens would be to join a LGBT support or social/discussion group. If you are not sure if there is a local group, maybe try calling the nearest PFLAG chapter, and ask them if they can give you any leads on group near you. You could also of course try going to a PFLAG meeting. :slight_smile:

Also, does your highschool have a GSA?

3. AaronG

AaronG Guest

I've never heard of PFLAG. What is it?
    And no there's no GSA at my school, I actually want to start one but I don't think I have enough supporters, my school is pretty homophonic

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! PFLAG is Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays. It's an ally organization, whose mission rests on advancing equality for LGBT. Often times a local chapter will have monthly meetings. They also have resources that could help you to find a LGBT support group in your area or near to where you live.

5. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Wow that sounds awesome. No wonder i've never heard of it lol.I'll definitely look it up. Thank you! :slight_smile: