1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Children of God

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by an0nchick, Dec 1, 2012.

1. an0nchick

Children of pastors, reverends, ministers, etc that don't support LGBT or are super homophobic?

2. Carm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. an0nchick

I am and I feel so alone and suicidal.

4. PeteNJ

an0nchick, say more about what's going on.

If you're in the US, you can call this help line 1-800-273-8255 (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline)

Pete

5. an0nchick

I have a lot swirling I'm my head, but is this hotline anonymous?

6. Pyrotactick

I'm pretty sure. Can you tell us what's going on with more depth? Are you afraid of homophobic Christians or something like that? It's okay if you shy, you can tell us what's wrong :slight_smile:, we don't judge.

7. Ticklish Fish

what duck said.

feel free to post your concerns here, most to some of us are likely going through or have gone through those

8. Iwant2Bfree

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I believe strongly in god too and sometimes I think god hates me and I should just end it cuz I feel everyone doesn't like me cuz I'm gay but then I always come up with stuff to contradict those thoughts. When I get suicidal I think about my two younger brothers and how much I love them and they need me but also that it's important I have to teach them to accept ppl the way they are out of respect especially towards other gay ppl like me. When I think about god hating me for being gay? I think to myself well there's some reason I am the way I am nd that I'm in this life for a reason, because I can change the world and help others in my life.

9. lexi

lexi Guest

Im pretty sure the hotline is %100 anonymous. Also, I agree with what everyone else is saying. You can tell us whats wrong- we wont judge (*hug*) Everything will be okay! But if you dont feel like writing it here you can always post in the anonymous secton too! It will all be okay (*hug*)

If its God's love that you're worried about- dont be. God still loves all his childeren- he doesnt hate gays. Nobody is perfect. God says the key to going to heaven is to have faith in him- not to be a perfect, sucessfull, rich, heterosexual person. You are worth it, and you are never alone(*hug*)

#9 lexi, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  10. Like lexi said, God created you with the sexual orientation that you have. He intended for you to be that way. Exploring and accepting that aspect of yourself is not something that could separate you from Gods love, especially when it is something that he wants you to do.

I'm sorry that you are in such a homophobic environment. I know how terrible it can be. Please don't kill yourself...

11. an0nchick

I shouldn't be on EC, but I need to talk with people who are like minded, if you get what I mean. I'm uncomfortable discussing this in real life.:help:

---------- Post added 2nd Dec 2012 at 01:27 PM ----------

It's not so much the environment. I live in city where it's okay if you are g@y. It's my faith. I don't know why God would pick me to be the non-hetero person in my family.

---------- Post added 2nd Dec 2012 at 01:28 PM ----------

Who's duck?

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Wanting to and knowing that you need to talk to like minded people, is already the first step in coming to understand as to how your beliefs and your sexual identity relate to each other.

As it was mentioned above, you can talk about anything on EC, and will do our best to help you to start finding some answers. While writing it all out, there is a chance that you will become comfortable enough with calling a helpline, or even going back to your friend and talk with her about how you feel and your thoughts.

If you think about it, what is God about? Isn't God about love, and understanding? (*hug*)

13. an0nchick,

I hear what you are saying. I don't know why God picked me either. I wonder about it a lot as well. I figure that I just have to trust in Gods plan for my life. Is that not what faith is?

Also, how did your Mom half-sister react when you came out to them?

14. an0nchick

I wish I could pm you. It's weird broadcasting my business on walls. It reminds me of FB.

15. Ticklish Fish

lol. except the difference is, nobody knows who you are in real life..
    other than someone snooping behind your back or looking into your browser history....

but i am guessing you don't feel comfortable posting it publicly...

16. This place is different than Facebook. You are broadcasting to a friendly and accepting community here. Besides, nobody really reads my wall :slight_smile:

17. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a child of God, and I've experienced a deep depression over this as well but I look at it like this...

There are different missions for different missionaries. Alot of people in the LGBTQ community NEED to be shown compassion by Christians... (not saying they need conversion from their own personal belief system, just compassion) because they have been told over and over God hates them by "Christians" or are disowned etc. In this life you have the opportunity to help people going through what you're experiencing, and showing the LGBTQ community you don't judge them because you've been through it, and that God doesn't judge them either. Once you love yourself for who you are no matter what the devil has no power over you.

Until our day of acceptance comes, we need to ask for help. Sometimes in the form of calling the hotline they provided you with. We love you and will support you in your darkest hour. :kiss:

18. an0nchick

I guess you are right....LOL...I'm so stupid....

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2012 at 09:22 PM ----------

Reactions:

Mom: Calm, but of course, suggest that I pray it out or something...
    Half-sister: Doesn't care. Still loves me the way that I am...
    Friend from church: Shockingly, doesn't treat me like an outcast. Her daughter is also like this, so it is close to home for her. However, she does believe in traditional marriage, but she's not an ignorant bigot. I'd rather talk to this friend about my sexuality vs my own mother. I want to address it more with my mom, but I don't think mom wants to talk about it.
    Therapist: Wishes I could talk more openly about it.
    Online friends from forums like EC: People to vent to and they care about me as best as they can, since being really far away from my location.

It's hard because I truly believe that marriage is between a man and a woman to raise children. But, I have this craving for the same-sex that I can't explain.

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2012 at 09:24 PM ----------

I should think about how suicide would hurt my family more. I just wish I could find my purpose.:help:

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2012 at 09:26 PM ----------

Thanx Mirko.(*hug*) I'm just afraid that people on EC will hate me. I was on another forum and people were rude and hated me.

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2012 at 09:27 PM ----------

Support groups are hard to find. :frowning2: How to love myself? Any suggestions? I have such low self-esteem to the point I don't think that I can ever like myself again. :help:

19. From what little I know of you, I already can tell that you are not stupid. There's another reply on your wall. I pray that this website helps you in the same way that it helped me.

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:47 PM ----------

"I was on another forum and people were rude and hated me."

What forum was this?

As for support groups, I found an LGBT accepting church that has helped me tremendously. You said that you are in a gay friendly city. I would suggest finding a gay friendly congregation in your area.

20. an0nchick

Psych Central. I had a terrible experience. I should have came here first. As for the congregation, I really like my church. It's the stigma and being labeled that worries me. My friend in my congregation treats me like I never said anything about my sexuality. It's all in my head. The worst things haven't happened yet. I think Mirko told me that the reason why I'm the only one freaking out is because I'm letting people into my world.
    What is wrong with me? I'm crazy!:help: