1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom is worried, I think...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LEZmis4, Dec 1, 2012.

1. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think we're getting to a point where I'm going to have to tell my mom something. She's worried. I can tell that much. I'm not happy at all, and she keeps asking me what's wrong. At some point, I'm going to have to explain it somehow. I just don't know what to tell her. I'm not at all ready to tell her about being bi. Ultimately, I think she'll accept it, but it'll be like an inquisition first...and I'm not prepared to face that.

I don't know that I have a question really...
    I guess...how do I explain this to my mom without really explaining it to my mom...if that makes sense.

2. 341

341 Guest

Why don't you just prepare yourself for the questions?
    The questions are ALWAYS the same, I'm sure you're already aware of that though.

3. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, you're right. They are. With my mom, we'll throw in the ones that insinuate I might be saying this for attention or not really sure. ESPECIALLY because I'm bi...which I'm sure she'll see as something that indicates that I don't know what I'm talking about. I guess I need to do that...start preparing myself. You're right that I can anticipate what she's going to ask...almost perfectly...

4. lexi

lexi Guest

I started off by telling my mom about the dream that i had about dating another girl. She told me that it was okay and she would love me nomatter who i loved, and that made me feel so much better! so then a few months later I told her i thought i might be bi- but i want sure and it was all very confusing- she was really helpfull and we talked things out. Then a few months later i told her that i was sure and we had another talk, and now everything is out in the open between us and it honestly feels great :slight_smile:

maybe you could do something similar, break it to her slowly and give her a chance to warm up to the idea before you actually say anything for sure. good luck! (*hug*)

5. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I actually like that idea. That might help...baby steps. It's taken me a LOOONG time to get to this point, myself...many, many baby steps along the way. Maybe I need to do that for her, too.

I honestly hadn't planned on saying anything until I had to...meaning, I started dating a girl...but, I know she's worried about me. And, when she's worried, she's overbearing (she showed up at my door and threatened to call 911 one time because I didn't answer it fast enough...she thought I was in a corner doing something to myself...I was getting in the shower...lol. I've not let her live that one down.).