1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help remembering.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woundsneverheal, Dec 2, 2012.

1. ....i'm trying to remember things from when i was younger to sort out my attractions and crushes but i can't remember because i have really bad memory.
    I've tried asking my dad sorta and he keeps saying , that i would always tell him how my old boyfriend was cute and sweet , that was when i was 13 but i can't remember at all , i mean i remember him but i just ...can't remember talking about him...for some reason. i remember what we did when we were together but i cannot remember at all ,

I've always had problems remembering ...remembering is important to me to figure out who i seem more attracted to....who i had more crushes on...and who i prefer when it comes to relationships

i can remember my crushes on girls...and how i felt around them but i just can't with my crushes on guys...i know i had crushes on them because i just do...but i can't remember what i felt.... I've been trying for about a few months now and i can't remember

as for right now. i don't want a boyfriend....but my dad persists that i get one.

so any methods to help me remembering?

#1 woundsneverheal, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
  2. silkfrog1292

Write it down, it helps me :grin:

3. Hexagon

I don't know how to help you remember what you've already forgotten, but there are things that will help remember things in the future.

The human mind forgets most of what it learns. This forgetting occurs on a curve, and there are optimal places in which to refresh the knowledge. If you consciously attempt to remember something when you still have 90% of the memory intact, you'll restore the memory and slow the forgetting of it. Then if you do that about 4 times, you should remember it forever. It sounds kinda complicated like that, but basically, if there is something you want to remember, say, that is written down, read it, then 24 hours later read it again. Much easier to remember that way.

4. well , can you tell me why i've forgotten then?

5. Hexagon

no, sorry. :frowning2:

6. ugh. damn. i'm more confused now.