1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do u start a conservation with someone who does know you like at all?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dano22, Dec 2, 2012.

1. dano22

dano22 Guest

Ok my hometown is a pretty lonely place. There is about one openly gay guy left there that is two years younger than me. I was somewhat friends with his boyfriend who passed away. We did not really know each other well but I texted him often. Well I want to try and develop a connection with this guy but how do i go about this without sound completely creepy and awkward. I took risks in my life and emailing him is not what I am afraid his reaction is what I would be nervous about.

Sorry i meant he does not know me at all.

2. livinglifefree

I know situations like that are awkward and most gay people are always excited to meet other gay people. I think it would be totally acceptable if you told him that you knew his boyfriend and that you were hoping the two of you could be friends because you are also gay and you don't have many gay friends.

3. LostStar0223

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thats smart i agree with livinglifefree

4. wyat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could introduce yourself and mention that you knew his boyfriend. Knowing him is something that you have in common, so maybe you could talk about how you knew him. Since you're both gay, I'm sure he would be happy if you talked to him.

5. dano22

dano22 Guest

I messaged him on facebook and it was probably the most awkward message i written. Hopefully he takes it well or if not too bad for me. Hopefully he sees through the sort of awkward message.