1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Compliments?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vivid, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Vivid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, this guy at school was complimenting me every so often and sometimes on oddly specific things (i.e. glasses, sideburns, and shoelace tightness). I only talk to him otherwise in the brief classmate sort of way, so it seemed weird to me. I suspected he had a crush on me or something.

I eventually asked him about the complimenting (without mentioning either of us being gay or my hunch), and he said that there was nothing wrong the way I dressed and that he just tended to comment on people's clothes. The next time I saw him, he approached me and said he didn't think he was clear enough and "I'm not a geek or anything. And I'm not gay. A lot of people ask that." I thought it unusual for him to bring the topic up again, let alone to bring that part into it.

This is quite probably the cliche of wishful overthinking, but I still have trouble believing that he's entirely straight. Anyway, I thought I'd throw that out there for you guys' opinions.

2. It sounds kinda funny/cute. Just let him compliment you on these random things. Since he outwardly told you that he's not gay, that's one thing you don't have to bring up, despite your lingering suspicions :eusa_whis
    Do you like him?

3. Vivid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not initially, but I do now. So yeah, I'm biased. haha

#3 Vivid, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012