1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transitioning

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by emilym3, Dec 2, 2012.

1. emilym3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok hey everyone i know i havent posted in a while but here i am

ok so lately ive been seeing a therapist about being transgender and i jut got referd to a sexual healh place to see a guy who specializes in gender identaty and im wondering if i should transition while im still in school because it becoming like this set of weights on my shoulders and everyday it gets heavyer and i cant take it so im hopeing that maybe i can start next year transitioning and if i cant maybe year 11

but i really just need to get out of this body cause i feel like im slowly dieing inside and i cant take it :tears::help:

2. cemma

I mean its all easy for me to be like be yourself and express who you are but that would make me a huge hypocrite and so I can't sit there and tell you that. Are there any LGBT groups in your area? Cause I think it would be good to have a strong support network first because especially at your age boys can be so cruel and I do worry that could be hard. But if you can take it and you have friends who you know will stand by you no matter what then go for it!
    Good Luck :slight_smile:

3. emilym3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well theres no lgbt groups near me and i have alot of suportive friends and i think i could handle it it would just be the nerves going out in public and that

but i still have no idea

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just know that the choice is yours; if you are sure you want to transition, then do so.

Will your parents be supportive too?

5. emilym3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think they would but i dont think they would let me transiion though