1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to Grandparents: Advice dump

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheFirstStep, Dec 3, 2012.

1. TheFirstStep

As the name of the thread suggests, this is an advice dump for coming out to your grandparents.

Im looking for whatever little tid-bit of advice that can help with the monumental task of coming out to grandparents.

Just dump whatever advice you see fit here!

Much obliged. :slight_smile:

2. jimL

Are your parents supportive? Are your grandparents religious? How do you think they will react. My grandparents were gone before I came out so I don't have that experience. I think my grandma would have flipped out. Well I think it is always better to do it face to face. Be calm. Be confident. Don't be aggressive. Don't make excuses for why you are the way you are. Hopefully they will not throw the choice thing at you, but be prepared to respond to that if it does surface. Be sure to lead off with telling them how much they mean to you and how important it is to keep a close relationship with them. Would it be good to have your parents with you (assuming they are supportive), just a thought! Express how much you hope they will continue to love you. Hopefully they will be supportive. Good luck. Hope it goes well.