1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant- mum and clothes

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yamato, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Yamato

This is basically going to be a long post so I can get a few things off of my chest and unclutter the mess I currently have in my brain. If anyone takes the time to read this then thank you.

I haven’t told anyone other than here on EC that I think I am trans which can cause some problems. On a normal day I wear guys’ clothes, which is what I feel most comfortable in. I have done this since I was able to choose what I wear not my mum. My family are used to this and don’t have any problems with it. The problems start when I have to wear something formal. I want to wear a shirt and tie or get myself a suit but my mum would freak out if I did that. She makes me wear girly blouses and stuff. Fortunately she has long since stopped trying to get me to wear dresses and skirts.
    I hate disappointing my mum but she is so annoying when it comes to clothes. She knows I feel most comfortable in mens clothes and I hate tight fitting stuff yet she always buys me this sort of thing and can’t understand why I won’t wear it. She then plays on my guilt to make me keep it and then does it again when she realises I have never worn it. She also keeps guilting me about earrings. She wants me to get my ears pierced but she knows I won’t even wear a bracelet or necklace yet alone have stupid holes put in my ears.
    One of my best friends is also FtM but out to most of her friends. Whenever there are formal occasions at school we always get home and she bothers me about my friend wearing clothes that make her look like a boy. I just stay quiet and hope she goes away or changes the subject.
    I know that coming out to my mum will solve most of these problems but I can’t even tell them about my friend yet alone about me. I’m pretty certain that she will be accepting but if not I have almost nowhere to go and I am completely dependent on them and will be for a few years yet.
    If anyone has read this then thank you. I just needed somewhere to vent.
    If anyone has any comments or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Oh my god! I have the exact same problem! Only its my grandma who overreacts! I wore a tuxedo to my cousins wedding and people totally freaked out! But it gets to the point where you can just ignore what people say about you! I like dressing like a boy! Who gives a shit?!

3. Yamato

thanks for reading, I didn't think anyone would bother
    I generally don't care what people say about me because they are idiots for not accepting that people are all different but I find it hard to not listen to my mum and I hate disapointing her so it gets kind of difficult to ignore