1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling alone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ravenfire, Dec 3, 2012.

1. ravenfire

I consider myself to be a generally happy person who tries to get along with everyone, but there are times when I just feel so alone. I'm currently in a relationship and I do have a few very close friends, so I don't know why I feel this way, but I do. Sometimes I feel like I'm lost in a sea of uncertainty and I'm the only one in the world who feels this way. Maybe people stay away from me because I'm sort of 'goth' and either wear lots of black or wear tons of bright colors and dress differently than 'normal'. I also dye my hair crazy colors (tomorrow I'm coloring it bright red-think Ariel from The Little Mermaid). I'm assuming that most people just stay away from me because I'm different, but I wish someone would actually pay attention and offer me a shred of hope that I'm not the only one who feels desperately alone. The only one I've told about my gender/sexuality is my girlfriend, and she's very supportive about it, but I don't know who else to tell, much less how to explain it to them. Also, I also feel alone as far as my gender. I'm sure everyone knows about transgender and agender and possibly bigender, but demigender? I've never met anyone who is demigendered besides myself, and that only adds to this feeling of loneliness.

Any advice? :help:

2. SparkDT

I can't relate much to gender identity confusion but I can definitely tell you that you're not the only person that feels like they're alone and lost in uncertainty. I have days like that too, often more than I'd like, where despite people around you that support you, everything remains overwhelming and it's hard to get a grasp on things. Being 'different' is not a bad thing at all, it's what makes you you and differentiates you from everyone else. It's so much better to be who you want to be instead of what people expect you to be or what people deem 'normal'. I'm sure someone else can provide more tangible advice about gender identity but I just wanted to say that you're definitely definitely not alone in confusion, be it that or your sexuality or anything. The best thing you can do is keep your head up and try to push it through it, figure things out. It's easier said than done, of course, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. :slight_smile:

3. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I also feel lonely in many ways all my good friends are back in my home town and i dont have a boyfriend. The only people i really have to talk to are people on here and my dad and stepmom(who i live with) I dont wish to tell the friends i have here that im gay because i know they wont support it.
    I dont think i can really give any advice sorry