1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should you tell a new friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sam, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

So I wanna know if I should tell a new friend that I have that Im bi? I mean is it best to wait till you know them better or should you just get it over with? Ive known her for a while but we only started talking and officially friends for about a month. Any advice?

2. Mercedez

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, you could come straight out and say it. If you tell them and they don't want to be friends with you anymore, then they aren't worth being friends with anyways. But if you feel chill with each other, then whats the point of telling them? Does she tell you she is straight?

Just be yourself. Or maybe drop subtle hints like... "Home Depot" or "Jessica Alba is so hott." Lol... ^^

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess my situation is different because I'm older but I can't imagine making friends with someone without either having told them or having them figure it out from stuff I've said (like "what did you do last weekend?" "oh I went to a gay club/parade/etc."). I mean, obviously it's different if you have friends who you've known since before you came out or figured yourself out but with new friends? I would definitely aim towards sooner than later.

4. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Get her opinion about gays first. If I were considering telling somebody my sexuality, I would ask them about some political issues: the death penalty, euthanasia, cloning, legalizing marijuana, and gay marriage. Discussing gay marriage this way won't seem strange because it's well-placed with the other topics. Once you learn her opinion on it, you can make a better decision.