1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why is my dad being this way?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woundsneverheal, Dec 3, 2012.

1. okay so i was on the computer about an hour ago , looking up stuff for geometry right? and he was like
    "you better not be on the site" and i was like "what site?" and he was like "you know what site , that website where you always ask "am i lesbian or not?" to people

and his tone just pissed me off. he said it ..in a sharp mimicking tone , like he saw it as a big joke that i was asking and in fact , i'm just asking if i'm bisexual or not
    and the only reason he said lesbian because he doesn't believe you can be bisexual

he knows i'm questioning my sexuality but he thinks i'm straight and has been asking me over and over "why won't you dress up nice for a boy?" "why don't you find a nice guy?" and i don't want a boyfriend right now and he has this theory that , the only reason i had that crush on the girl last year was because , i was lonely since i had been single for a year and he also thinks that's the reason , I've been questioning my sexuality , he also thinks that , the reason i don't want a boyfriend is because i'm giving up on guys....like....really..
    i hadn't had a boyfriend in 2 years now and the last time i had one , i was bored in the relationship and last year , he got me in trouble spreading rumors about me and i got mad at him but that doesn't mean , i'm giving up guys ...i'm just not interested right now.

so does anyone have a clue why he is being this way?

2. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My guess as to why he is acting that why is because he doesn't want to admit to himself that you could be anything other than straight. Many parents stuggle with this. If you don't mind me asking, how did he find out that you were questioning. If he found out by looking at your history, then he may just be irking you in order to confirm or disprove his hypothesis about you.

3. no , because ...he figured out i had crush on that girl and he asked me "what are you lesbian now?" and i said "no , i don't know" and he basically found out through my sister since i tried telling her i was questioning

4. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Maybe thats just his way of dealing with the fact that you are questioning how you fell. Im not a parent of anything but that would be my guess to why he would be acting in such a way.

5. being rude and not understanding is his way of dealing with it....should have seen it coming. he's an asshole in general anyways

6. dano22

dano22 Guest

I remember when my dad caught me on sites he would just be like whatever and my mom would be like " We don't keep secrets in this family" or "You need to be safe on online". Hopefully he will come to understand what your sexuality is and learn to deal with it.

7. Ticklish Fish

if you haven't disabled that giant memo, this site has a policy about not revealing information... but then he might have missed it in his snooping