1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I say?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by surfer 16, Dec 3, 2012.

1. surfer 16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so I was in art class today and it seemed like a normal period but within the last 5 minutes of class the three girls that sit at my table just straight up started asking me if I was gay. Now they have asked me before and I just kind of just sarcasticly said no with a laugh and they left it alone. But this time they continued to ask after I answered "pretty sure i'm not", as not to totally lie (even after I left the room). I'm pretty sure they are going to press again tomorrow so what should I do?:confused:

2. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

If you're not ready to come out, just keep telling them no and make sure they know that you're getting tired of their inquiry. If you are ready to come out, go ahead and tell them.

3. SkyTears

Ask them kindly (and frankly) to stop. If you aren't ready to come out don't be pressured.

4. Ticklish Fish

like plastic says, if you're not comfortable being out (or even to them or people eavesdropping), then just say no. and kindly tell them to stop pestering you.

(really, I have nothing to add here)

5. FunnyMonkey

If you're not ready to come out then don't just keep saying no , but don't get defensive just say calmly say no and if they keep asking just say no that really all you can do unfortunately.

I see you are out to a few people if any of them are female could you "date" one of them?

6. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is there any reason why they'd think you are?

It's definitely a tough situation. High school sucks as it is....and being gay and mostly in the closet sucks even more.

I'm not even sure what to tell you :frowning2: Wish I could help more

7. LateNightWolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People at my school did this too. If your ready to come out just say it but if your not simply ignore them. Maybe do what i did and ask why they're so curious about my sexual life. That way your not exactly lying and they'll most likely back off.
    If that's not the way you want to go and your not comfortable with coming out tell them no if the ignoring thing doesn't work.

8. surfer 16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks everyone this advice really helps, hopefully nothing will happen tomorrow, but if it does thanks to yall i'll know what to do ^_^