1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate being a girl.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mansonsgirl27, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mansonsgirl27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a boy. I wanted to hang out with the boys because I found the girls annoying, wanting to play with dolls and play house. I always wanted to play sports with the boys, and this is why I got bullied so much as a kid. Now- I honestly hate being a girl. I hate having boobs. I hate periods. I hate shaving my legs. I hate the hips, the butt, the expectations with being a girl. I want to have a beard, to have muscles. I feel trapped in this body. I hate being regarded as a girl. As a result of being so stuck with this appearance, I just feel depressed. I don't know what to do. I want to ask my mom for help, but I think she would be unsupportive. She's religious, and thinks I have nothing to be upset about in my life. Any help would be great. Thank you.

(I used to think of myself as genderfluid- but now I'm just done with being a girl in general.)

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm probably not a good person to be giving you advice, given that I'm not trans, but here are my thoughts.

Can you do some things to make your body feel a bit less upsettingly female, without others noticing? At the very least, maybe you could take birth control pills to stop your periods. And not shaving - I'm a cissexual girl and I never shave, and no one seems to notice or care. At the very least, those things might help you feel a bit better while you sort out your longer-term plans.

Secondly, have you seen a therapist?

3. Monmon

Monmon Guest

I think the person who could give you the best support would be someone who might actually enjoy being a girl. They would show you that being a girl, except from those you mentioned, is not all that bad. Being a girl can actually be fun if you just look on the bright side. Have you considered asking someone for help to show you the fun side of being a girl?

4. Zuuki

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is good advice, I just want to add a few things to it.
    Birth control: Birth control doesn't STOP your period unless you have a really light flow. It just makes you period lighter and shorter. If your mom doesn't want you taking the pill, there's another kind of pill that isn't designed to stop fertilization and just makes the period lighter. On the downside, it takes longer to end, but it's a hell of a lot better than having a super heavy flow for 4 days.
    Shaving: In warm weather, people generally notice if someone isn't shaving, but when it's cold enough to wear pants, you can stop shaving. People won't notice if your legs are hairy for one gym period.
    Boobs: To make your bust appear smaller and less noticeable, there are chest reducters you can buy that will smooth out you chest. I wear one for wrestling, since I don't want everyone staring at my chest while I pin them to the ground. If you don't want something so extreme, try a minimizer bra.
    Therapy: If you decide to go to a therapist, make sure you choose one that is well-known amongst the LGBTQ community. Many therapists try to convert TG people back to their physical gender.

5. mothcaterpillar

Hi I know how you feel I'm close to coming out
    I dont know any religious people so that isn't an issue for me and I've kind of been dangerous to my health to avoid breasts
    (not eating) which is not recomended and wouldn't work now they are there for you
    I dont know anything about genderfluid but you seem pretty certin that you are not okay being a female so I think you are more ftm than anything.
    Keep talking to people on here (it's really helping me) and you'll understand who you are/ who you are meant to be and become ready to talk face to face about it to someone.

6. Deaf Not Blind

Hmm, well we are Baptist, and mom doesn't fully get it, but then I have not been fully out to her yet. We have openly discussed gays and transgender men and women.

I don't want a beard, but I do want side burns! :wink: I do not dress female anymore, and honestly I avoided shaving until I was into my 20s, and did it only a few times. I have wanted arm muscles since a toddler though. How old are you, as it are you 18, 21, or younger?

Ask away and I will do my best to help.

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2013 at 04:47 AM ----------

I strongly disagree about birth control pills. It has some side effects, you need to read about that first. Plus I am not a girl so I don't use them, know what I mean? If you are FTM, you sound like it, then you could get on T maybe, or if very young like 13 or 14, you may get hormone blockers to stop further transition to femaleness. Sounds like you are over 13.

Sports bras help, but if you are size B, or more, you may want to find out about a place in your area that FTM's donate for teens free binders and get a used clean one.

I don't know about therapist trying to change you back. I think you do better to get a GID therapist that knows difference between gender fluid and transgender though.

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2013 at 04:54 AM ----------

Bahahahaaha! This from a guy who never been a girl? Dude, she...or he?...is saying it IS bad! You may be trying to cheer her up, but from my point of view, you are actually saying she is all wrong about her gender identity, and she just needs to learn to love being a girl. That is not okay. Her issues are real, she does NOT need to "be shown the fun side of being a girl." I seriously can't believe you said that.

#6 Deaf Not Blind, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  7. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Dude she's clearly transgendered from what it sounds like, Im trans and that means she's not satisfied with her body because its wrong

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This thread is from 2012, please check the dates before you post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.