1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Like a Guy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by giantsteen, Dec 3, 2012.

1. giantsteen

There's a guy I like in my school, but I don't know if he likes me. We talk sometimes. I can catch him staring at me at certain times too, and he's extremely shy. The other day I turned around and I smiled at him and he smiled back. Does this mean anything?

2. Gen

Gen

Honestly, not necessarily. He could just be more fond of you because he is a shy person and you are someone who takes interest in him. At this point, it would probably be more better to reach out to him more. Maybe invite him to hang out or do something. Or just try to talk to him more.

Even at the very least both of you could aquire a new friend :slight_smile:.

3. wyat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just start talking to him more often. Since he's shy, it might take him a while to warm up to you. It will be worth it in the end

4. grizzleybear33

This happens so often to me. I want to find someone like me so badly that I will misinterpret "signs" that really mean nothing as something more. If you know he's gay then in would say go for it but if not then I would definitely get to know him a little better. That's just me though

5. giantsteen

What do i talk to him about then to make it not seem awkward?

6. PeteNJ

He might just need a friend... And you probably seem like a nice guy!

Reach out -- maybe ask him to help you with homework, go to the library, whatever -- something really low key. Be friendly, then see what the vibe is. If its still good, THEN you can choose what you want to do. (don't think ahead too much!)

7. giantsteen

That wouldn't necessarily work. He's a grade lower than I am...so I probably wouldn't ask him for homework help...but I'll try. i keep putting it off (talking to him). I don't know how to find common ground between us. I know he likes Lady Gaga...I'm pretty sure...but how do i start a conversation with that?

8. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shy People, usually smile at people when you look at them, so they don't have talk to you. I would ask him if he want to do something after school (go see a movie or hang out at the mall) and see how it goes. Don't rush it, I wouldn't ask him out until you know or at least have a good understanding that he has some interest with the same sex.

9. giantsteen

He does...we spoke about it like a year ago. He's been gay for a while.

10. giantsteen

I'm just so lost and confused.

11. Crazyguy

As pinklover suggests, ask if he wants to go to a movie, then you could hang out afterwards and just talk, maybe about the movie. If you're looking for an opening pick a Movie that is in the theatres and ask if he has seen it. If he says no, tell him you've been wanting to see it would he be interested in seeing it too. With you being a grade ahead he may be intimidated as well as being shy so you need to be the one making the first move.

12. giantsteen

Hmm...I've never thought of doing that but that's actually a really good idea now that I think of it. I need a little bit of time to become a bit more acquainted with him though. :grin: