1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forever alone!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HalfInsane, Dec 3, 2012.

1. HalfInsane

Nah, I'm just kidding. But I do have a few concerns regarding being in a relationship with another woman.

Sooo... I'm 20, almost 21, not a virgin, but my longest lasting "relationship" was two years, but, I was 15-17. To keep a long story short, it was a very on-again off-again fiasco, I was in high school, and it was not an emotionally healthy relationship for either of us. Apart from that I did, when I was younger and still very unhappy with who I was, try experimenting with boys (you know, it was a phase :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). But I don't care to count that; I'm not ashamed per say, but it's not something I'm proud of, either.

Woah, talked too much. OKAY!

So, obviously I've not been in a relationship for 4 years. From the age of 17-19 I was really not a happy person, had poor self-esteem, and really chose to focus on myself without dragging someone else in to my problems. That and I lived in a small town and really had no options even if I had wanted to date.

I now live in a larger city, so that's good. And I've finally come to a point where I can honestly say I love myself. Which, as a chronically depressed child, is HUGE for me. I can't really say I've met a lot of other lesbians in person (probably partly my fault, I look pretty "straight"). So, I've stopped griping and joined a few dating sites. I'm currently talking with about 6 girls, have met two of them once, and probably will meet up again though can't really see a relationship forming in either case. But hey! I made a big step for myself anyways.

My concern, though, is that's its been so long since I've been with anyone, that I'm really concerned about being horribly incompetent when sex comes in to the equation. Part of me says that I'm just worrying too much... but its REALLY nagging at my subconscious. Obviously, I want to be able to please my partner when I do find someone I'm interested in. I'm also the worlds worst flirt. This is me:

[​IMG]

Okay, so I'm not THAT bad... but, you get the idea. Also, I don't know what beemo is...

I guess this is more rant than anything, but if anybody has any advice/can relate, that'd be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, thanks to anyone who bothered to read my rambling post...

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hahaha That's how I flirt too, but I think people find it endearing in a dorky way. XD

I don't have any experience with girls but I know when I'm with the right person I'll be glad to explore new territory with them. :grin:

(I'm also not a virgin and experimented with boys in high school)