1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Future Life...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jaysuss, Dec 4, 2012.

1. jaysuss

Now that I have come out and I'm happy to be who I am I have started to realize other things in my life that I have screwed up on so much and now have no future. It has made me go to realize that maybe I should kill myself just so I don't have to struggle even harder as an adult because I have fucked up my future so much. I can't find any reason to why I shouldn't die because I have screwed up my whole life so much because of my past choices. I know I shouldn't because it's selfish but If I live in horrible conditions just so everyone can call me up that seems selfish on their part. What's the point in going on if you don't have a future to work for.

2. SkyTears

Have you called? -

The Trevor Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386
    for LGBT suicide prevention
    or
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

3. jaysuss

That won't do anything. I don't feel depressed I just feel it is a smarter decision to die now instead of having a hard life.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Why do feel you don't have a future, or that you have screwed up everything?

You are only 16 years old, you still have your entire life ahead of you. If we would never make any mistakes, how would we learn and grow? Just because you made a few choices in the past, that does not mean that your entire future is ruined. Far from it.

If you think about it, life throws quite a few good and bad things towards us and we make choices. We learn from all of it, and adjust our decisions accordingly. As a result we make our life better.

If you need to talk, and as SkyTears mentioned, call a help line. That's would be a good start. Also, try talking to a school counselor about what's been bugging you, or what's happening in the background that makes you feel depressed.

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What exactly would make your life so hard? If you don't want to say, it's fine. But it might help us understand a bit better.

6. jaysuss

I sit around a C average in all my grades because I have never been able to apply myself and the best score I could get on the ACT was a 23. My index because of that is so low I won't be able to get into any college besides a community one. At that rate I won't be able to get the job I needed to attain my other goals so I won't have the lifestyle I want. Why not end it now so you don't suffer later.

7. Crazyguy

It is the hardships we encounter in life that make us stronger. Please get the thoughts of death out of your head and instead focus on what you can do now to make a better future. You cannot change the past but at 16 you have plenty of time to change the future. Don't beat yourself up for past mistakes. We can't change the past and everyone of us can likely say we would do things differently if we had it to do over.

What looks like huge issues today can look like minor issues down the road. Hang in there, life has its ups and downs and I'm sure things will turn around for you.

8. Ticklish Fish

calm down, jaysuss :slight_smile:
    the whole point of community college is to build yourself up/ fix academic problems that were bad in high school, in fact, you might even save money! some of the leading succeeding people actually went to community college (I think Steve Jobs was one)

like others say, 16 is still early, don't give up! Talk to me (like we've been doing)!!

EDIT:
    random links from google of people with CC or start with CC
    you should know who George Lucas and Sarah Palin is... at least

tom hanks, calvin klein, walt disney

#8 Ticklish Fish, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Maybe what might help is joining a study group or some extra help after school, to try getting your grades a bit up. Going by your age, you still have a couple of years in high school, plenty of time to turn things around.

If you do end up going to a community college, this is not the end of the world. You can still go on to other colleges after that. For some students, college brings out the best in them, and they do better than they did in high school. Doors might not be closed as you are fearing at the moment.

I wouldn't worry about having an idea about your life style after college at this point. It's a bit premature to think about that. I'm pretty sure you are not going to suffer later either. (*hug*)

10. Ticklish Fish

that too, public school has a tendency to have restricted teaching, whereas professors can teach you a lot of things that open your eyes much more...

11. CatofOld

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    High school doesn't mean nearly as much as you think, especially if you are only 16. I had a 2.8 at one point in high school (Sophomore year I think), I graduated with a 3.5 and I am going to be a doctor now. Don't give up, you can change anything you want to.

12. PeteNJ

Jaysuss -- my daughter (yeah, I'm wearing a parent hat here), had a tough time in high school. She's a great kid, but very unique, and for lots of reasons didn't fit in or make many friends. Nothing about high school for her was very good at all. She went to community college after high school, which was a great stepping stone for her. She worked hard. Know where she ended up? She was accepted to 2 ivy league schools, one on full scholarship, the other 50%. In high school she would never had thought she had a future. So no matter where you're at in school.... there will be options for you, I'm very sure.

Right now things suck -- its ok to say so. I'm here to tell you people on this site think you're a pretty cool guy and have lots to offer. And most everyone here, me included, have anywhere from small to huge parts of our lives that suck. We're all here to help eachother get through. You too, man.

13. Just my 2 cents...

I studied hard in school, got into college, got my degree, and hated every fucking minute of it. I hate what jobs my degree can get me. I'm now a blue collar worker in the construction trades and am finally finding peace. For now, just focus on graduating. Do you even know what you want career wise? Is a good college even required?

And like others have said, you can start with a community college and work you're way up. I just think college is overrated. All it got me was a 20's full of stress and a mountain of student debt. There are other ways to succeed in this world.

14. Ticklish Fish

I also noticed that in your About Me you said you like volunteering, i dont know where and what you have volunteered, but maybe expand your options to see what future possible job you might like...

it's not job if you like it.. other than deadlines to meet lol