1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Confused?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SparkleDuck, Dec 4, 2012.

1. SparkleDuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For as long as I could remember , I really felt that maybe I was born with the wrong body. I remember the earliest mention of considering transition was when I was 12-13. A few years pass, and currently again I'm struggling to find what I really belong as. I've never been the girly type, my biological sex, anyway. I tried dressing as complete female for a brief time during the summer once. Let me tell you that I completely hated it, by the way.
    Some people keep telling me I might just be confused, and honestly I really do believe them. I always picture my mind.. as a man? If that makes sense .
    As of now I'm really just comfortable identifying MYSELF as Genderqueer. I've expressed to a few friends of my feelings.
    Two were understanding, fortunately.
    I just don't know what to do about this. I really do want the body of a man.. and sometimes I feel like I'd be a lot happier with it. I'm not into fully crossdressing right now ( binding a large chest is....ugh.) though I do only wear mens clothing, as I've always had.
    There's no way , I think, my parents would understand me though. I'm waiting until I'm 18 too fully seek counselling..
    Essentially, I just really need advice right now on this topic. Should I really and honestly try and pursue this now... or wait the year and a half until I'm 18? I just feel so miserable in my current state and just. Ugh!! It angers me so much!

2. Niko

It is very possible you are trans. I only say that because of the experiences I've had with the same issue; and I can relate to whatever you're saying. Unfortunately I don't consider myself an expert on this topic even though I do consider myself trans.

Personally I'd wait till your 18, unless, like you said it's unbearable; but if that's the case you're most likely going to have to come out to your parents sooner. And with that just be completely honest with them and be prepared to answer a lot of questions they might throw at you.

Hopefully that helped a little, if you still need more help in the future you can message me.

3. SparkleDuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah. I was thinking that waiting would be best. It's just some days, having to go to school with something I'm not happy about is just. Enraging to me, I guess. I also know I'll have to come out to my parents sooner or later about my bisexuality anyway. Fun - not. But At least being 18 will give me a chance to be away from them if they do react negatively.

4. J Snow

I have mixed feelings about waiting. On one hand I feel like if I had come out earlier it would have made things much much easier because now I feel like they won't believe me. "You're just now deciding this huh?" I just just feel like it would have been more believable at a young age.

On the other hand you really should make sure you have a safety plan if you think there is any chance it could go badly.

Best of luck (*hug*)

edit: Oh and I love your Gamzee avatar! :3

5. SparkleDuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've actually never thought of it that way. It could be awkward I guess. Though my close friends already know about my feeling. Over time I've been getting more accustomed to telling people about it, so for the most part everyone's been cool.
    My plan was to move in with my sister if things end badly- since she's offered me a place anyway. I know her, and I'm so sure she's accept it anyway.|

Also Thanks J snow.

6. Yamato

I'm in a similar position to you although I haven't told anyone yet. I will probably untill I have finished school once I'm 18 and have either got a job or gone to uni. I don't have much support other than at home so if they aren't accepting of it I will have nowhere to go.