1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone I trusted outed me...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cloudburn, Dec 5, 2012.

1. cloudburn

Hey guys, this is the first time I've posted here, but I've been browsing for ages.
    Anyway...
    I work with a very good friend of mine, and recently we took a road trip to Missouri together. This friend happens to have a 19 year old daughter who is a lesbian. My friend had no clue that her daughter and I had been talking for some time. (She wanted to kiss me when we first met months prior to our trip, but i was still very much in denial about my sexuality.) Anyway, needless to say, when we arrived in Missouri, Her daughter and I had a wonderful couple days. I realized that I can't ignore my feelings any longer. I have never felt so happy in my life. We returned about 2 weeks ago, and I had plans on telling my friend about how i felt for her daughter, and my sexuality. But I made the mistake of talking to a friend whom I trusted unconditionally, and she let the cat out of the bag, so to speak, to my friend that I work with. Now my friend won't speak to me, and even worse than that...her daughter won't speak to me. :help:

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry that your friend outed you, and I'm sure you've told this so called friend to get lost. You're entitled to keep things from friends/coworkers--was she a friend before you started working together? I'm assuming you met her daughter through this friendship. I'm sure your friend wants her daughter to be happy, but I think she's overwhelmed and surprised. Try giving her a few days, I'm sure she's going to want to talk at some point. And for the daughter, I'm assuming the same thing. Was she aware of her daughter's sexuality?

#2 pinklov3ly, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  3. cloudburn

Yeah, we were friends before she worked here, I actually am the reason she was hired. She also knew about her daughter's sexuality. I honestly thought she already kind of knew, everytime her daughter or I would disappear, she went looking and found us together. Not to say that she saw us acting intimately or anything, but we were always alone in a room. Her daughter even told me she thought that her mom was catching on. The worse part is that her daughter, (let's just call her B) told me that her mom called her upset about this, and B said that she would never be with someone that upset her mother like that, and if I think she would choose me over her mother I'm crazy. There's more, but it hurts too much to think about, ater everything we had been through together...

4. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ouch, I know that feeling (*hug*) not quite the same but I also had a friend, my best friend in fact rat me out, the fucking snitch. I'm sure she'll want to talk about it at some point, like was said above. If you told her all at once your sexuality and your feelings that's a lot to take in (giggity) just give some time, and for the sake of curiosity, how old are you if you don't mind me asking? >_>

5. cloudburn

I unfortunatley haven't gotten a chance to tell her my side of the story. And I'm 20.

6. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh you're young, what's the problem? I thought we were talkin like 30 or somethin here, I don't know why, I stand by what I said earlier, and add I think you're friend might be a little bit silly, hell I'd even rather my daughter or son go out with one of my friends, I'd be able to keep an eye on them both that much easier, and it's someoen I could trust.

Also; if her daughter is 19, you're 20 what's that make your friend? :confused:

7. an0nchick

Hey dear, I'm so sorry that this friend, well ex-friend outed you. I suggest if you are not ready to come out, if people ask, DENY. Just say no. It's your business about your sexuality and if you want people to think that you are straight, let them think it. Whether you're gay or bi, you have other qualities not related to your orientation. Like sports, art, music, science, religion, etc... I hope that this helps. If not, please let me know. I want to help you.

8. cloudburn

I had plans to tell her, it's just that there was a way that I wanted to explain it to her. That I have intense feelings of happiness towards B, that I want to make her happy, to take care of her. To give her everything that she's been denied in her life. But the way my friend makes it sound, she hasn't spoken to me in days, and she's really my only friend in the area now. It hurts, I guess I was expecting her to be cool with it because she's cool with her daughter. I'm also afraid that out of anger, she might in turn out me at work to customers, or something. I can see that happening, she can be spiteful.

She's 34, got pregnant the first time she ever had sex, at 14.

9. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ouch I'm sorry that sucks, I hope she doesn't do that. And I also apologize, I feel like I'm being nosy about asking ages. >_>

10. cloudburn

No, not at all, lol