1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confidence just a little more broken...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Monty93, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Monty93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think I've ever had anything bother me as much as this did, so deeply, so severely...

I just returned from a trip to Walmart with a few friends. We went in just to pass the time, and when we came outside we gathered around one of the benches, lit up, and just joked around for a little while. After a few minutes I spotted a car driving towards us from one side of the store to the other. I made eye contact with a guy sitting in the passenger seat. As they passed us, he leaned out the car window, looked at me and yelled, "Faggot!" Then they parked and went in the store. I should also tell you that the friends I was with are ones I haven't come out to yet.

I was accused of being gay throughout the entirety of high school, and once I got to college I saw a little hope. I didn't receive so many hateful glares because the population is much more diverse. And then this happens. It kills me to know, at least while I'm still somewhat in the closet, that it's so obvious to everyone that I'm gay, or bisexual, or whatever I turn out to be. I worked so hard to hide it all in high school, and then, with nothing more than a glance, someone figures it all out. Some cliche jock who jumps at the chance to mock the unworthy.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading into it a little too much. But I can't help feeling like he was staring me down when he said it, like he singled me out from the group because of it. All I'm asking is, what's the point in coming out of the closet, when everyone else is so willing to kick the door down for you?

2. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I hardly think this person 'figured it all out,' it's not uncommon for some jerks to go riding about, shouting dumb things at people just doing nothing other than standing or sitting around. Something like that happened to me once while waiting for a school bus several years ago, though I can't even remember what they said.

Basically, this isn't worth getting all worked up over. There are people who are just obnoxious or rude for no reason. How did your other friends react, though, when they did this? If anything good could come out of it, maybe you can use this opportunity to come out to them and talk about how it made you feel.

3. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I totally agree with this! The guy was just being an asshole ... I'm sure he just had a small dick and needed to stroke his ego with his buddies around. It's pretty hard to tell if a person is gay from far away. He probably said the biggest insult in his vocabulary. Poor guy. Lol! If you can, try being confident in who you are. It'll help you not jump to conclusions and make life easier all around. You were born gay, it's a fact ... it's reality so everyone can deal with it! Life is short, be yourself and find your happiness. :grin:

4. The Queen Bee

Ahh...
    Homophobic jerks with homosexual tendencies and small penises...
    Tss... Sad.

He was just being an ass...
    Some people are alive just because the air is free.
    The world be a better place with scum like that far away from... well, the rest of us, decent people.

5. Ticklish Fish

LOL. some people are just looking to start a flame war. I am surprised you didn't "middle finger" or shout back something like "asshole"...

6. Monty93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh you better believe I flipped him off, as did my friends. It was just that I had never been called a fag before. At least, not to my face. Not to mention publicity kind of freaks me out, and when he yelled it I felt like everyone's attention was thrown at me. But you're all right, I'm over analyzing again...

7. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sorry that this has happened to You. They were just looking to pick a fight. Be who you want to be, be proud that you are gay/bisexual/transgender. It what makes you, you.
    ~Josie