1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused? Any Help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by vwman03, Dec 6, 2012.

1. vwman03

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi,
    So im new to this thread.
    Here it goes.....I am 18 years old. I have came to the conclusion I am, if not Gay, Bi-Sexual. I am attracted to both men and women, however I look at men constantly, as long as I find them attracting. The confusing part? Well I dont know what I want. I know I can have everything i want with a woman with a man. i want kids and i want a family. the other confusing part? i have had a boyfriend before, and i do now....the confusing part is i dont know how to be comfortable with this sexuality. I feel so uncomfortable when im in public with him. I want to be comfortable with the fact of being gay, but i dont know how. some of my family knows and they are okay with it, but not my whole family and friends know. i guess the conflict i have is i dont want to be judged. maybe it is just the area in which i live, im not sure. i have been with both men and woman and feelings are the same, it just takes more from a woman. i feel like i could be happy with either one, but i would need to come to be comfortable with the gay lifestyle. also, the only other confusion i have is, how do i have kids if im with a man? i know i can adopt, but i would love to have my own child. and i am confused on how to be comfortable having a family and being out in public with the family. am i being too judgmental on myself? or do i just need to stop caring? i dont know how to be Gay and be comfortable with it....and stop being so confused.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing what you have to say :slight_smile:

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me what it took was to stop caring what other people think or who's judging you. In the grand scheme of things, they don't really matter at all. What does matter is that you're happy and in love with whoever you're in a relationship with. You will be judged by people no matter what kind of relationship you're in whether it is a straight or gay one. For example with a straight one, I'm sure you've heard people say something like "how did she end up with him, he's so ugly" Ignorant people are always going to have something to say, but it doesn't have to effect you if you're content with yourself and know who you are. I see being gay as a gift since we are very unique individuals and tend to see things from a different perspective.

Also it is possible to have biological children while being gay. What people tend to do that desire such a thing is have a surrogate mother, which one of the male partners sperm is used to fertilize the woman's egg who is going to carry the baby for them.